This Might Help: Hi all, I came across... - Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support

108,034 members β€’ 56,310 posts

This Might Help

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3st 7lbs
β€’29 Replies

Hi all, I came across this graphic which I think might help to explain the little ups and downs we all seem to have on our journeys. πŸ’œ

29 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Interesting info.. Although if I ever end up with a body like the last picture I might have to pinch myself πŸ˜‚

TheAwfulToad
TheAwfulToadMaintainer in reply to MintTeaMascara

I thought that 15 years ago.

Now I look like the last picture, and I realised that this is how human beings are supposed to look. It doesn't take any particular effort to stay this way. All it requires is ignoring every single bit of the nonsense I was told about "losing weight" 15 years ago.

Awesome. I'm more like the 3rd one across right now. I'll never quite look like the last one (especially around the pubis area) due to loose/excess skin. Unfortunately the belief that I could/should, last time led to anorexia.

TheAwfulToad
TheAwfulToadMaintainer in reply to MintTeaMascara

yeah, I guess I was lucky in that (a) I was reasonably young and (b) merely fat rather than obese when I got this sorted. I have a few bits of sagging skin, but nothing you can see if I stand up straight.

As you're too well aware, eating nothing might make you skinny, but one of the most dangerous (and faulty) leaps of logic ever made is that, therefore, eating less makes you slim. This is completely, utterly wrong, and I'm pretty sure thousands of people have been down the same miserable path that you travelled, by following mainstream dieting advice. I remember the confusion and frustration of getting steadily fatter while eating my calorie-counted low-fat meals while working out four days a week, and coming to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with me, or that I was still eating too much. Again I suppose I was lucky to have adequate science background to figure out that it was the advice that was faulty, not me. And it was all downhill from there.

One of the reasons I post here regularly is to try to convince people that "eat less and move more" is the route to insanity, not success.

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3st 7lbs in reply to MintTeaMascara

Like I said, no matter how slim I have ever been, I’m a natural hourglass shape. Always have boobs and hips. Is funny as one of my sisters is literally straight up and down. πŸ˜€

Tank_EG
Tank_EG5 stone

Thanks Sarah-Phim,

very interesting.

I know we exhale most of the fat we lose but to see that the cells remain behind and that they can fill with water is not something I was aware of.

Thanks for posting πŸ˜€

Hmm, I wonder if this is why I am going to the loo so much at the moment? Losing the excess water? It doesn't seem to correspond to the amount I am drinking so I like to think that's where some of the weight is going!

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3st 7lbs in reply to DiamonteSandal

Yeah, helped me see things a little clearer. πŸ˜€

Tony_Singh
Tony_Singh2020 October

Yes, quite an informative graphic.

πŸ™

Hi Sarah-Phim,

Funnily enough, I've just had one of those sorts of moments: I worked really hard (I mean really hard!) at my diet and over a period of 6 days saw no reduction - indeed my weight went up slightly. Then finally a 2 1/2 lb loss in a day (clearly not possible but that's what the scales said); your graphic seems to explain that. As others have commented, all I need now is to look like the guy on the scales at the far end of the line!

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3st 7lbs in reply to Ginge431

Not sure I would ever look like that no matter how much weight I lost, I’m a natural hourglass. πŸ˜€

That's interesting Sarah thank you x

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3st 7lbs in reply to PedallingMinstrel

Made me see things in a different light. πŸ˜€

PedallingMinstrel
PedallingMinstrel2st 7lbs in reply to Sarah-Phim

It’s the understanding what’s happening that’s really useful. I’ll have a few drinks wine and perhaps a whiskey and next day I’ve put two pounds on ? I know it’s not fat but it’s probably water but why ?

Paddedpeggy
Paddedpeggy2020 August

How do we stop the cells filling with water and make them shrink?

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3st 7lbs in reply to Paddedpeggy

I don’t think you can, I think the point is it’s a process that your body goes through when you lose weight. Just explains why the scales sometimes seem to go up a little before they go down. πŸ˜€

Not a chance that the image will ever feel like me but the message was really encouraging. Thank you Sarah-Phim fir sharing it. Have a fabulous Sunday everyone. X

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3st 7lbs in reply to Dave1000

You too Dave. πŸ˜€

PedallingMinstrel
PedallingMinstrel2st 7lbs in reply to Dave1000

You'll be like Arnold Schwarzenegger Dave πŸ˜‚

Dave1000
Dave10007lbs in reply to PedallingMinstrel

What old and wrinkly πŸ˜‚x

PedallingMinstrel
PedallingMinstrel2st 7lbs in reply to Dave1000

πŸ˜‚

Sarah-Phim

You two crack me up. 🀣

PedallingMinstrel
PedallingMinstrel2st 7lbs in reply to Sarah-Phim

Good ! you can never laugh too much Sarah ! X

Sarah-Phim

Amen!

Dilemma1
Dilemma1Restart May 2020

Great to see a straightforward and easy to read explanation. Short, simple and to the point. Thanks for sharing this. πŸ™‚

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3st 7lbs in reply to Dilemma1

Glad it helps, sure did for me. πŸ˜€

Evafuballet
Evafuballet2020 September

thank you very much for sharing this. That explains everything then. I am on SF and have lost 2 stones in the past 6 months. My weight always goes up first before it suddenly drop quite a lot. Now I understand.

Sarah-Phim
Sarah-Phim3st 7lbs in reply to Evafuballet

I found it helpful. πŸ˜€

You may also like...