Depressed and lost motivation can you help?

I see the doctors, take the tablets, but remain with a low mood and poor motivation, little exercise, poor diet.

Do have any different inspirational advice?

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • hello Chillouter , why don't you try on having a regular sleep-wake cycle? Make sure you go to bed early and wake up early as well, allowing yourself 7-8 hours of sleep. This will allow a good recalibration of your hormones and will give you a nice boost. Best of luck!

• Interesting. Do you have any references for this?

• Hi Chillouter

Thank you very much for reaching out to us and apologies it has taken us a while to react. We are experiencing a few bugs with HU and not getting any notifications at all currently. I can feel your pain. It was only 3 months ago that my GP wanted to start me on anti-depressants and December was a very dark time for me. When you feel like that, eating well and exercising are literally the last things you want to do. I ballooned up to 100kg and was sickened by how everything was going. But the thing is you need to start somewhere. Even if it just a walk to the end of your street. A start is a start. One thing that worked wonders for me was finding someone at work who also wanted to eat healthier and exercise. We started a diet together in January (how original I know!) and that extra motivation of knowing someone else was doing it with me was a huge boost. I did that for a month and on the back of that, I am now starting to exercise fairly regularly and cook. Since January, I have gone from 100kg to around 92KG and once you start seeing the results, you are naturally more motivated as you want to keep it up! Is there anyone at home or at work that you can share this journey with and get you both motivated?

I addition to this, I am currently using the C25K running APP which is a great tool to get you back into running/jogging. I would really recommend it.

If you don't have anyone in mind, please use this community as a way to give you that social accountability factor. Post your goals and updates here and I promise you it will help you a lot. Just knowing that someone else is out there reading your words, viewing your pics and rooting for you is a great way to get out of a bad life situation.

Good luck and let us know how you are going to get started.

Adam

• There is something called the 'gut-brain axis'. In fact, 80% of the serotonin in our body is produced by the gut, not the brain. So your digestion can affect your mood in a major way. Conversely, this means that healing your gut can heal your mood. Please read drlilykiswani.com/ for more information .

• God no wonder why some days are nightmares , if I only knew how bad crohns disease would affect my moods.

• Oh I have the same problem from time to time. It's a personal rut that I get trapped in. That's when I get fed up, and start taking control. We all go through days like this you'll be just fine.