Checking in

Dear followers,

I hope you are all well and managing to work towards your new year resolutions. This is the time where classically people fall off the band wagon but I hope we can all stay true to ourselves and achieve our dreams. I am still plagued with ongoing pain which is particularly worsened when I try to exercise. Its pretty soul destroying not being able to go to the gym regularly or even worse going and being a shadow of my former self. My neuritis has caused a couple of my muscles around my shoulders to go to sleep so I need to try and engage them but its really difficult. I am trying my hardest to stay away from anything stronger than Co-codamol and Diclofenac - its a really tight balancing act! Any one small factor that falls out of place leaves me in excruciating pain for a few days and then knocks my confidence to try it again. The positive is that I now have a rubber duck to keep me company for my evening baths! Coming to think of it, I have not named it yet....

Another positive is that I am taking time away from the hospital in April to follow my Wecudos dream. There comes a point when your health matters more than how much you are earning and managing two full time stressful jobs for such a long time has really taken its toll on me. I wonder how much my pain will improve when I can only focus on 1 thing. Time will tell no doubt but I felt it was time to take the leap of faith and focus on what makes me happy. In turn, I will definitely have more time to look after myself! Its a risk but I feel that my body is trying to tell me something and I need to wake up and do what's right. I will surely be healthunlocking like a mad man from April onwards and will have so much more free time to help you guys out there who need my input with their own health and fitness issues.

CUDOS to you all,

Adam

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Can't wait to follow you on that Jorney, Adam ✊🏻✊🏻

• Thanks steffenwendt

• Keep on going. Giving up work sounds a negative step.

What do your experts on here feel?

• Hi Girlie32 Thanks for your motivation! Its a decision definitely not taken lightly. For the last 2.5 years, I have worked 16-18 hour days and not taken any holidays other than bank holidays or sick leave. I just feel its the right time to take a step back and look after my health for a while.

Adam

• You must have made a choice not to take holidays and work longer days.

If you don't practice the holistic approach your website preaches..................

• haha yes indeed! I need to take a leaf out of my own book. We shall see how long it lasts I guess! I love both careers that I am lucky to have going for me but both at the same time is a little bit too much. Something will ultimately have to give and I have learnt never to take my health for granted again!!

Happy Friday by the way!

Adam

• you certainly need to practice what you preach if you want to be credible.

• :)

• are you able to answer my post and the others on here?