Win-win for pasta-lovers : Reheat your pasta and make it less calorific!

Win-win for pasta-lovers : Reheat your pasta and make it less calorific!

A fascinating study from the University of Surrey, showed that cooking pasta and then cooling it down(for 12 hours in the fridge) makes it act like “a fibre”, as it produces a healthier glucose response, helps the flora of your stomach and reduces its calorific content. Similar results were shown when re-heating mashed potato with medium-high fat content.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Filip-W1Nutritionist Thanks a lot for the pasta dish for lunch! It was delicious and I'm very surprised that up to 35% of the calorific content is reduced if pasta is reheated.

Best wishes and CUDOS to you for the meal.

Adam

• Mmm that's interesting Filip. Thank you for the tip.🖒

• Just a thought Filip. Recently Concerned posted a link on HU to You tube called "Oiling America" Pam Killen I believe.

If you get chance have a listen and if you feel you can I would appreciate your feedback as a Nutrionalist. Makes very interesting listening.😀

• Sure does ! I have been doing this for months , I have also stopped eating white potato and white rice , I now have sweet potato now and again and my rice is now brown and I also go for the gluten fee option too , not that I am gluten Intollerant it just sits better with me digestion wise .