Ask the Wellness Expert
420 members111 posts

Come on, I can do this!

Come on, I can do this!

Just finished my morning run in the park! I am feeling great now. I woke up in so much pain but I just pushed passed it and went for a run. Once the adrenalin kicked in, I no longer felt so bad.

On another positive note, I have stayed true to this week's goals and I have not taken Diazepam for the last 3/4 nights. The muscle spasms are worse but at least I feel semi-human again. People at work say they can see the old Adam starting to re-appear, which is a good sign I guess!

Now I just need to wean myself off Amitriptyline then I will go into the xmas weekend in a positive way.

I.Must.Win.

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done Adam. Just a suggestion - don't make too many changes at once. Give yourself some breathing space with regard to your analgesia. 😀

Yes you are right about the analgesia. I am actually in tonnes of pain after that run! Maybe I should hold off stopping Amitrip this week. I just want to get my life back!!

Yes but as you are aware you should never chase pain you should hit pain on the head then retract analgesia back. Not stop all analgesia at once - that's all 🖒Is it wise to stop amitrip and diazepam in such a short space of time. 😀