Week 4 Goals

I can't believe we are already in week 4 of my pledge to regain control of my health, fitness and dare I say, Life! Around 3 months since I started to suffer with brachial neuritis. I have come a long way in that time and never stopped believing I can overcome this horrible point in my life quicker than what is usually expected.

Now that I am managing to instill regular physio and acupuncture, the biggest focus for this week is to come completely off Diazepam at night as my muscular spasms and torticollis are improving. I hope by Christmas I can also come off the Amitrityline but I will start with Diazepam and see how I am doing. I don't want to rock the boat too much but we will see!

In terms of exercise, I will stick to running 3x per week minimum (1-2x midweek depending on how much I am getting pounded by work, and 100% on Saturday and Sunday). Still too early for me to do any resistance training and I hope in January I can start some light gym work. Fingers crossed!

Diet is still a problematic area and i hope coming off some of my meds will help. I can't tell you how much I am just randomly pigging out. Before I know it, in a flash, I have eaten 10 biscuits and onto my 11th! I know the meds, in particular Pregabalin, are notorious for weight gain and affecting your appetite and propensity to snack, so I'm not being TOO hard on myself. My girlfriend is started to call me up at work to make sure I'm not eating any biscuits! She caught me this morning for sure!

I still need to get my consultation with Filip-W1Nutritionist to get a personalised diet plan and hopefully I can find time to get this done soon. The run up to Christmas is extremely busy both in the hospital and Wecudos.

Wish me luck folks! I hope you all have a great day and week ahead!

CUDOS to you all,

Adam

oldestnewest

You may also like...