The obstacle is the way!

I wrote a post last week about being in a black hole and looking back it was quite a disturbing thing to be talking about and describing. Currently, every week feels like a chapter from Lord of The Rings (or another epic movie depicting overcoming great obstacles). By the time it gets to Friday, I am absolutely shattered and I only have Saturday to prepare for another chaotic week. I have no idea how but somehow, I am still powering on. The support I am getting from all of you out there has been an immense boost and I just hope my journey and experiences can help you in some way.

I have to say, being able to go for jogs has been terrific for my overall mental state. I knew I had to get some regular cardio/exercise in order to begin to turn things around. I have also come to terms with the fact that its going to take many weeks to get back my previous state of fitness and health but I feel last week was a real big step in the right direction. I have been facing so much adversity since my diagnosis and there has not been much to smile about but I am trying to focus on the positives as much as possible. I know in my hear that I will keep going and nothing will stop me. Yes, I may have the odd day/week that crushes my spirit but that's just part of the game.

I re-read "The Obstacle is the Way" last week (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rQfr7XAQi0) and it reminded me that every challenge, no matter how great or small, requires overcoming several unforeseen obstacles. It sometimes feels that the world is conspiring against you but that is all the more reason to use the negativity you face as a motivator to re-think your strategy and keep moving forward. No matter what, you must keep moving forward. I highly recommend this book for people out there who are facing a lot of challenges on their journey and need a "pick me up."

Small consistent baby steps towards a higher goal. We can do this!

oldestnewest

You may also like...