Porridge O'clock?

Porridge O'clock?

Opted for porridge, orange juice and Earl grey for Brekkie today! Maaaybe because I woke up too late and didn't have time to make my breakfast smoothie of dreams. I did manage to have a shot of Aloe Vera though which is a plus. I "only" have 25 patients in clinic today who I have to see by 1PM - what a treat. It's a tough gig but I do love treating people and hearing that they are better from the surgery they have had. I just saw this cute little lady who was having constant throbbing/stabbing pain running down her arm and 2 weeks after her surgery she is totally pain-free. Seeing her smile and hearing that she has her life back made me so happy. So many people around me, and even myself sometimes, think that I should be taking time off work to properly rest and focus on my rehab but little moments like that make me powering on through the pain 100% worth it.

CUDOS you you all and I Hope have a nice day!

Adam

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have oats every morning with almond milk unsweetened and black coffee as I was told it was good for the liver , don't have any juice due to sugar intake . Never tried aloe Vera , but I do drink smart water for hydration 😊. Living with ALD chronic . 8 yrs . Cirrohsis . Linda

• Hi Linda!

Thanks for your response. As I am scottish, I will always support a hearty oaty breakfast. It really does set me up for the day and I snack so much less when I do have it. A few people have recommended daily Aloe Vera but I am unable to say whether it is working as I am engaging with so many meds, physio, accupuncture and massage therapy. Difficult to pin point which is working best but I am starting to play around with things and to see if any exacerbate the pain if reduced/stopped.

Really interested to hear about the remedies/"hacks" you have discovered that help you day to day?

Adam