GP waiting times and my meds

GP waiting times and my meds

Hi guys,

So I called my GP practice to get an urgent appointment since my shoulder/nerve pain yesterday was incredibly worse. I saw my physiotherapist the day before and she worked on my para-spinal region which really flared up my neuritis.

After seeing my patients in the morning I was literally writhing around on the floor in agony. Despite being the case, the earliest appointment I could get was on the 29th and I would have had to wait for 11 days in order to see my GP to alter my medications!! I could not believe that this was the case and I can see how big a problem GP waiting times are for people. As I am a doctor, I am in such a privileged position as I was able to get one of my colleagues write me a private prescription so that I could get relief on the same day. I am so grateful to be in that position and my heart genuinely goes out to those who would have to wait so long and I can see why I had to see so many patients in A&E because of insane GP waiting times. The NHS is so overloaded as it is and we need a way to get people the help they need in the community more efficiently.

My intention with Wecudos has always been to help EVERYONE getting the care and attention they need to achieve their goals. Now that I am an actual patient, this desire has only been intensified and I must continue pushing to create this unique service for all the people out there in my position but who are not as privileged as I am. My painful journey is for all the unfortunate forgotten souls out there - we all deserve the best SAME care and attention delivered in a way that just works for us all.

My heart is with you all and together we will get you to where you want to be in life. It will take time but I will not stop until you all get the equal, transparent care you deserve. I promise.

CUDOS to you all,

Adam

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You could have waited until your GP surgery was closed and seen an out of hours GP. Severe pain will normally get an appointment. If your pain was so severe then A & E may have been an option. Was your doctor friend not able to issue an FP10?

• Yes thank you, managed to get a prescription from my colleague at work! Phew!