Looking back at how I did yesterday:
1. Ate a healthy breakfast consisting of a protein smoothie (frozen berries, milk, oats, whey protein powder, flax seed/omega 3 powder along with 1.5L of water
- This is usually what I have so no biggie there I suppose!
2. Around mid-morning, after I have driven to work and seen my patients for the morning, I start to get the pain come on quickly severely. This sets me back quite a lot and I then resort to comfort eating. Yesterday I had a cup of tea and 4 biscuits (which is a huge amount for the once healthy me!) BUT on the positive side, I made my pledge after this episode.
3. I ate a healthy lunch replacing carbohydrates with broccoli which was good and also 1.5L of water.
4. Beef jerky/carrots mid afternoon
5. Rosemary chicken for dinner (made by the local deli which I have to admit was very creamy and not going to be healthy at all!)
In terms of exercise, according to my Iwatch I walked 12KM or 14K steps which is quite normal for me and I worked on the mobilisation exercises for my shoulder rehab. I need to somehow build in some form of cardio during the week but as of yet literally everything brings on the pain which in turn makes me eat poorly!
All in all, an OK start I guess! I feel committed and just need to power on.
Today, I will do 200 sit ups with a physio from work who is going to help me along the way! Already I have had a mid morning snack of cashew nuts and not biscuits which is a big improvement!
Will check in soon with an update.
CUDOS to you all,