Any advice for giving up sugar pls?

I'm trying to give up sugar, well sugary things - any sweets that were in the house are gone (given away not eaten). The cravings can be pretty horrendous I've been having a coffee with sweeteners. I only have one or two coffees per day but I'm concerned about artificial sweetener as I understand it is not good for pain (neurological) which is a part of my daily life.

I hope you can make some sense of my ramblings and possibly give some advice or point me in direction of a sensible website.

Looking forward to any advice you may have. Thank you in advance.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Peatop,

Thanks for your question.

I get that question a lot and it can be pretty hard to overcome those sugar cravings! I find this post very helpful, it explains why we get the sugar cravings and 10 ways to control it.

bodyecology.com/articles/10...

Have you tried consulting with a dietician or nutritionist? Maybe a food plan can help you get into a good habit to kill those cravings?

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Thank you Dr Kugan. I'm looking forward to reading the article you suggested and hopefully implementing some helpful changes.

I will definitely keep you posted, having support helps to achieve most goals.

Kind wishes

Pea 🌻

• Hi Peatop,

How are you getting on? Did you find the article at all useful?

Let us know what areas you are struggling with and we will help you as much as we can!

CUDOS to you,

Dr Adam Read

• Hello Peatop,

I hope that you have made some progress so far?

Here is a small article I have written which you may find useful : w1nutritionist.co.uk/wp-con...

Hope this helps,

Best

Filip