Any advice for giving up sugar pls?

I'm trying to give up sugar, well sugary things - any sweets that were in the house are gone (given away not eaten). The cravings can be pretty horrendous I've been having a coffee with sweeteners. I only have one or two coffees per day but I'm concerned about artificial sweetener as I understand it is not good for pain (neurological) which is a part of my daily life.

I hope you can make some sense of my ramblings and possibly give some advice or point me in direction of a sensible website.

Looking forward to any advice you may have. Thank you in advance.

2 Replies

• Hi Peatop,

Thanks for your question.

I get that question a lot and it can be pretty hard to overcome those sugar cravings! I find this post very helpful, it explains why we get the sugar cravings and 10 ways to control it.

Have you tried consulting with a dietician or nutritionist? Maybe a food plan can help you get into a good habit to kill those cravings?

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Thank you Dr Kugan. I'm looking forward to reading the article you suggested and hopefully implementing some helpful changes.

I will definitely keep you posted, having support helps to achieve most goals.

Kind wishes

Pea 🌻