Vegan gluten free Lentil and grated p... - Vegan Foods for Life

Vegan Foods for Life

679 members β€’ 1,215 posts

Vegan gluten free Lentil and grated potato fritters.

Jerry
Jerry
β€’11 Replies

Hi everyone,

Here's what I made for dinner tonight, I cooked some red lentils put them in a bowl and grated in a large organic potato a little sea salt black pepper and mixed with a couple of desert spoons of gram flour so it went sticky then I shaped it coated it in a light coat of gram flour and gently cooked in olive oil until the outside went crispy and golden. I love cooking with grated potatoes as they cook quickly and the outside is lovely and crispy so the best of both worlds, I had it with some mixed veg.

This is a quick and easy meal.

Jerry 😊

11 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator

Very nice Jerry. Do you do deliveries 🚚

So you didn’t need to add any extra liquid to form a batter with the gram flour? I always add liquid so I think that might be where I’m going wrong? AliπŸ™‚πŸŒ±

Jerry
Jerry in reply to Agoodenough

Hey thanks Ali, I just add some flour stir it with a fork and add some more until the grated potatoes and lentils are like a paste and I have the fat hot in the pan ready. 😊

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry. I need to do this on Thursday so I’ll give it a go. πŸ‘πŸ™

Looks really yummy Jerry and what an excellent change to a burger.πŸ˜€

Jerry
Jerry in reply to crazyfitness

Aw thanks Alicia, its easy as well as I just wash and grate the potatoes with their skin...πŸ˜€

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessStar in reply to Jerry

Sounds really good and very easy. Think I may start creating so thank you for that idea.πŸ‘

Kitten-whiskers
Kitten-whiskersAdministrator

That is my kind of meal Jerry, they look so crispy and delicous, the selection of veggies look great as well - cooked to perfection

Hey thanks Debs, I was pleased with how it turned out. 😊

Jerry they look delicious.

Please can you share your recipe and where do you get all the inspiration from?

Jerry
Jerry in reply to Veeee

Hi thanks Veeee they're a plant based version of a traditional dish like the Latke here's how I made them:

I cooked some red lentils put them in a bowl and grated in a large organic potato a little sea salt black pepper and mixed with a couple of desert spoons of gram flour so it went sticky then I shaped it coated it in a light coat of gram flour and gently cooked in olive oil until the outside went crispy and golden

They're quick and easy and you could use sweet potatoes. 😊

Thank you Jerry 😊

You may also like...