dont watch casualty but watch holby and DOC MAR... - Thyroid UK

Thyroid UK

118,568 members137,502 posts

dont watch casualty but watch holby and DOC MARTIN IS BACK SOON WITH NEW SERIES.

bluepettals2 profile image
bluepettals2

DOC MARTIN IS MORE realistic.....casulaty is chaotic like a and e is but ofeten a and e is better than gps.... holby i like and even more DOC martin...

13 Replies

Doc Martin always makes me laugh. Need a doctor? Doc M will drop everything and come rushing to your aid. My on duty GP couldn't be ******* to get off his **** and come and visit me 5 years ago when out of the blue I was so ill I couldn't even sit up in bed.

Love Doc Martin,funny and sunny. They never mention the rain or the landsides.

bluepettals2 in reply to beaton

yes at least we can lose outselves in that lovely cornwall and escape our troubles for an hour. xxx

So pleased to hear Doc Martin made a new series Pettals, great programme and one to watch time and again

Lovely to hear Doc Martin is back soon. Did the girl on Casualty last night have a Thyroid Storm and did I hear Doc Zoe say to give her so much Thyroxine? What a pity they can't cover this awful illness properly. Thanks for the information pettals. Janet.

Hidden profile image
Hidden in reply to nightingale-56

They prescribed her propranolol, I think. :-)

Louise

x

Hidden profile image
Hidden

Doc Martin fan here, love the scenic views and the whole thing. Doctors just don't come out to patients like that anymore except perhaps when you are on your death bed even then they try to get the nurses to do any dirty work involved, believe me I witnessed this first hand during my husbands demise. Last time I remember a doctor visiting me was way back in the 60,s when I had measles.

bluepettals2 in reply to Hidden

yes funny but the okd times when there was not a lot of techno but it seems that they were more in tune with body functions to a point and the caring bedside manner even if the doctor did puff smoke round the rooom with his fag!

Hidden profile image
Hidden

I had a lady doctor when I was little girl (they were quite rare then) and she was a non smoker but it is quite funny when you see the 60,s medical drama about the hospital in yorkshire, where the heart is I think it is called, and the top surgeon there walks around the hospital puffing away on a pipe! It would be nice to bring back the good old family doctor and it is very hard to find an emotionally supportive one these days. I got quite lucky with the one I have now, have been with her since 2002 and in 2008 she diagnosed my under active thyroid following a blood test but having said that she did not give me much info on the subject and I have learned most of what I know from reading and the internet. It remains a mystery to me why doctors have so little knowledge and treatment is so poor on the subject of the thyroid.

thats the ROYAL in yorkshire, when the porters wore brown coats!--- ha the good ole days, an dthen there was MATRON, never was there any dirt or any rudeness when matron was about--- wendy whats 'er name played matron.....

Hidden profile image
Hidden

STOP PRESS! (fb'd by DIL in Truro)

Dr Martin wants extras for tomorrow at Altarnun Church, Bodmin - dress as a wedding guest!

7.30am - all day (there is a contact number - don't know if they've got everyone as it's tomorrow!) :)

bluepettals2 in reply to Hidden

oh dear-- i missed doc martin and i would never get down there--- nothin g happens that good in th esouth east!---------

Holby tonight !! no one dares to phone me...wont answer even if they do....sad realy...to look foreward to watching surgeons digging around inside people,& often removing piles of STUFF !

Stranger still that the poor mutilated patient is ...within a very short space of time able to argue, shout, and generaly mentaly function perfectly ok!

You just don't get doctors like the Holby ones any more.........

You may also like...