i need to learn to self inject B12

i don't suppose there is anyone around watford/hemel, bucks or herts who can help me out? I've go my needles and hydroxocoalbamine is coming from Germany.

I had the loading dose at the GP and have to wait 3 months!!!! I am surviving on the subligual methycoalbamin - which works for short periods but the injections were brilliant.

PS my OH heard on the radio of a start up co who invented a 'star trekky' thingy that you just rest on your body to pass substances through the skinto replace injections. I think I'll lend them my savings!!!

It won't be long, I think though, now that's progress!

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • are you going to do subcutaneous with the diabetic syringes? they are painless and so easy to do.

• yes they are for sub cut - and don't need a syringe. I have some hydroxocoalbimine I kept back from the gp (2)!!

This is all new to me but I really worry about nueorological issues not correctly without enough B12.

• My GP taught me to do intra-muscular (side of hip/butt) with a small blue syringe needle. If I do them they dont hurt but if the nurse does they do!

• Can you please tell me where you are sourcing your B12? Are you going to inject more often than the recommended 3 monthly?

Thank you

• I inject B12 intra-muscular, 0.5ml twice weekly and have given up in my injections at the GP's. I get my B 12 from my private Dr that I see in York.

You may also like...