89,295 members103,792 posts

adrenal insuffieciency information

endocrinology.org/policy/do...

hormone.org/Public/upload/A...

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi pettalls

I can't open the link?

Sorry I'v done it now. It was because I was trying to open it on my Wannabee I Pad!. Thats my grandaughters explanation for it LOl.

I opened it Ok on my PC.

Some interesting reading Thank you. x

Hi pettals, so useful for my son. Hope you are improving. Janet.

Hi, I have just read the link about adrenal insufficiency and towards the end it says that there is no such thing as adrenal fatigue. It says that to take supplements to support your adrenal glands is a mistake as they will then stop producing the hormones themselves. Does anyone have an opinion on this? I believe I do have adrenal fatigue or a degree of insufficiency. I have just started taking nutri adrenal extra tablets.

Caroline

Is this just propaganda and scare-mongering? I don't take any supplements for this but was advised to by Dr P and was thinking of starting them, to boost the effects of my T4/T3 treatment. Now I'm not so sure????

Hi P. Thanks for this post. Will download it later to read properly.

Hope you're well. :)

Thank you very much. I'm glad to have read something like this that explains the short synathen test and the readings/results in it alot better.

Thanks, pettals. It is intriguing that on P 4 it says "...signs and symptoms of adrenal insufficiency usually develop gradually...." This can only mean that there are stages of decline in the adrenal gland function, so why is the concept of Adrenal Fatigue, as a stage in the development of full-scale Adrenal Insufficiency, not recognized?

there seems to be a conspiracy against adrenals i dont know why we have adrenals in our body...

hi

this is confusing for us all -i am overactive with reprieves in one at the moment and very stressed with teenager on my own and v stressful job - so ???!!

i was thinking of getting supps for AF who is right??

You may also like...