hairloss!. dick turpin- whats it to be? your hair or your gut, whats good for your hair is found in grains, then theres gluten, we cant win!

i found this tocotrienol info on my hairloss research blog.................http://www.tocotrienol.org/

wellnessresources.com/tips/...

this is about brain and nerve preserve

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have ordered some from Amazon through Thyroiduk so they get a small donation from Amazon.

• so did you order in capsule form shaws and who do i odrer from xxx

• I went into Thyroiduk.org and clicked on the left-hand Shopping online clicked on Amazon and ordered as usual. I think they are capsules. I search for the product and several came up.

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/index....

• shaws how did you find these? my hair is silch now....

• I cannot say as I had 1 year plus 3 following years of alopecia which is a different type of hair loss. This year is the first summer I've had hair. This time I took (still do) turmeric capsules which is also good for all autoimmune conditions. An anti-histamine if scalp was sensitive, hot, sore etc. plus B complex, B12 (I get an injection anyway every three months) and several other vitamins. My hair is still thin but am hopeful although Alopecia could still rear up.

• mine is worse than ever.my endo said my iron wwas low altho he said ferritin and folate was ok, he asked my gp to send me to haemo' but she is hesitating as the folate and ferritin are normal and b12 is normalso what is this iron that's low...

• If your Endo suggested your doc refer you to haemo she should do so, I think. You've been losing your hair for a long time now and with autoimmune conditions I think she should. Maybe there's some advice on this link that can help although it does say anaemia should be sorted. The information continues on

Extract:

Diets should contain protein, fruits, vegetables, grains, and an appropriate amount of fat. Deficiency will typically show in the hair. A mild case of anemia can cause shedding of hair. B group vitamins are significantly important for healthy hair, especially biotin.

When the body is under threat it reprioritizes its processes - the vital organs will be attended first - hair follicles may not be considered a priority. While not all hair growth issues originate from malnutrition, it is a valuable symptom in diagnosis.

The essential omega-3 fatty acids, protein, vitamin B12, and iron, found in fish sources, prevent a dry scalp and dull hair color. Dark green vegetables contain high amounts of vitamins A and C, which help with production of sebum and provide a natural hair conditioner. Legumes provide protein to promote hair growth and also contain iron, zinc, and biotin. Biotin functions to activate certain enzymes that aid in metabolism of carbon dioxide as well as protein, fats, and carbohydrates. A deficiency in biotin intake can cause brittle hair and can lead to hair loss. In order to avoid a deficiency, individuals can find sources of biotin in cereal-grain products, liver, egg yolk, soy flour, and yeast. Nuts contain high sources of selenium and therefore are important for a healthy scalp. Alpha-linoleic acid and zinc are also found in some nuts and help condition the hair and prevent hair shedding that can be caused by a lack of zinc. Protein deficiencies or low-quality protein can produce weak and brittle hair, and can eventually result in loss of hair color. Low-fat dairy products are good sources of calcium, a key component for hair growth. A balanced diet is necessary for a healthy scalp and hair.

hairscientists.org/human-ha...

• very good linkshaws,I eat loads of nuts and I am seeing a dietcian soon as I have reactive hypoglycaemia.. she is sending the endo s letter to haemo' so will see wht they say- if they do nought I shall tell my endo!

• I hope they do as you've had years of ill-health and trying to solve it yourself as the doctors had no idea.

• i am just a medical mystery as nothing seems to work, I neverthought iwould give up but I amtoo tired and too won out and feelingtoo crap to be bothered anymore.

• No, you cannot give up. The forum cannot do without your input.

• I read once that cockles are very good for hair loss, perhaps it is the zinc?

• Several studies available on Google, kosher published research, suggest that iron deficiency plays a big part in hair loss.

webmd.com/skin-problems-and...

Watch the serum ferritin levels and consider the possibiility that under 60 is sub optimal AND that if you have any kind of inflammation the serum ferritin levels will be raised and not telling the full story about your low iron.

Remember you need vitamin A to use iron properly and that a Newcastle prof found (again published kosher research) that half of us have a genetic flaw so we can't get it from vegetables - that half needs to eat liver or take cod liver oil. (More studies needed to nail this, but I'm sure it applies to me).

You may well need good levels of vitamin D too (some research on this), and of course you need to take an easily absorbed non constipating iron supplement with vitamin C, ie orange juice, at the same time - not ferrous sulphate, which doctors prescribe, at least I don't like the stuff at all.

I have hair loss and serum ferritin right at the bottom of the scale - plus inflammation I can feel in the joints. Classic loss of the outer third of eyebrows. TSH just a bit high though. Whereas my friend who had a TSH of 60 had a really good serum ferritin level and no hair loss at all.

• thankyou for that.

• I heard that organic silica is good for hair, bones, skin and nails. Maybe the giant pandas had a point ... or just make horsetail tea - my garden is full of the stuff.

You may also like...