Thyroid UK
82,824 members97,853 posts

improving very slowly, very very very slowly

Haven't been around as much lately because I am actually having a life! and spending less time on the computer.

It is over 4 years since I became ill (my long story is on here in stages) and I seem to have improved a little more in these past couple of months. I believe that this is down to taking 1 grain of naturethroid as well as my 200mcgs of purified levothyroxine.

I tried adding a little T3 (prescribed by Endo and GP) but it just doesn't suit me at all.

Naturthroid only contains 9mcgs of T3 in 1 grain and this is obviously just what I needed. I am due to speak to my Endo next week.

I said to hubbie today "what do you think the chances are of anyone convincing me to reduce my thyroid meds?" huhh not likely he said.

I am fully expecting to be told to reduce my thyroid medication after my last blood test. The last time I reduced them I grounded to a halt within 4 days!

I am going away for the weekend and as long as I take it steady I should be fine, I plan my days very carefully so that I don't overdo it and cope well.

Obviously I would still like to be back to my old self, hopefully this will happen eventually.

We are all different, getting my TSH under 1 and my Free T4 is just above the range seemed to be key for me.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Suze,

First, so good to hear you doing better.

Second, when you say you tried a little T3, how much were you prescribed?

Third, your point about grinding to a halt in 4 days bears out what I say - the often-quoted 6 to 8 weeks for an effect (up or down) is baloney.

Rod

Glad to hear you are doing better Suze. That is very good news.

Best wishes

Angie x

I have just been looking through posts as I haven't been on here fore a week and really thought that I had replied to your post, sorry for the delay.

I added just 5mcgs of T3 for a few weeks and then increased it to 10mcgs of T3 but it doesn't make any difference at all. I tried T3 only and also T3 with Armour a few years ago when I was desperately trying to find a solution and synthetic T3 just doesn't help me at all.

However, I have felt improvement after adding 1 grain of naturethroid to my purified levothyroxine. I am looking forward to reporting this to my Endo.

We are all so different, there is just 9mcgs of T3 in 1 grain of naturethroid and yet it has made a difference!

Hi can I know what is purified levothyroidxine? It is not normal thyroidxine? Thanks.

Angie, many thanks

Thanks for letting us know.

Always fascinating to read how people have different requirements.

You may also like...