My first blog ... managing energy

I don't know about you but my hypothyroid symptoms built up over several months and worsened as the list got longer.

I have only just started to feel some improvement almost 4 years after those first symptoms.

Don't get me wrong, I am really pleased although I have a long journey ahead of me. It is really nice that my hair is no longer falling out for example but it would be nice to see the return of my thick head of hair.

I have some motivation and drive back, I feel that I can cope with taking my dog for a small walk and doing some house-work. I pace myself but then a friend calls and chatting on the phone for half an hour just finishes me off.

It is like my mind and body just wants to shut down, anyone else feel the same? I cannot function unless I sit or lie down in a quiet place and gather myself.

I heave read some advice that you should only do 70% of what you "think" you can do.

I cannot help but remember how much energy I had when I was well. The only time that I would sit down is whilst driving. I am really hoping that I will be feeling more like my old self within a year.

Energy is so difficult to manage when you, at last feel able to walk but knowing that if you take a few steps too many it may take days to recover.

Anyone know how I feel?

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks, Suze

• Oh my word this was five years ago!!!

My oh my I have my head of hair back and have my energy back! Yaay

• Suze, I think a few members may be surprised to reread old blogs from when they were first diagnosed. I hope they're doing as well as you.

You may also like...