EDIT 2: Found New blood test where TSH is now up to 5.63 (only 3 months distance from previous test which showed 4.5!)
FT4 was 16 however which is within range.
But also showed MCH, MCHC and MCV borderline which could be related to iron deficient anaemia apparently. Test pic below.
EDIT: oh wow!
This post definitely turned into something I did not expect (in a positive way).
So much information a fantastic resources and knowledge!
I have had so many symptoms of hypothyroidism/ Hashimoto and have never realised it. I’ve been dismissing some symptoms for a reason or another. I was also scared to bring some of my issues to the GP because in the past anytime I mentioned anything it’s loose weight, yet despite doing what needs to be done to be considered a realistic effort I can’t loose the weight! I’ve even tried medications they prescribe for the weight and they didn’t help (from metformin, to orlistat to GLP-1, etc).
I will definitely be advocating for myself and try to get the right blood tests and advocate for myself even if they think treatments is for levels of 10 or above.
Some of my symptoms:
- Fatigue (I sleep a minimum of 10hrs and honestly unless someone wakes me up even 12-14hrs - this is quite embarrassing!) and I still feel lethargic and tired, I can walk from the bed to the bathroom and my energy is finished.
- Anxiety/fight of flight responses for no reason ( I just start having that feeling something is about to happen for no reason)
- Depression : I have noticed it since last year (I don’t think the lockdowns had much a hand as I prefer to be alone and I’m not too social.. too many social interactions drain me)
- lots of mood swings, especially sadness, anger, etc
- Memory: I used to be very sharp and fast in my head. Now I struggle to remember things, I forget my words, randomly think something to do and not even a second later I forget, walk into a room and no clue what I’ve gone there for, etc.
- 50% Hair loss: I’ve lost about half of my hair, I can literally see through my scalp by looking at my forehead 😭😭😭, there were times I had to put my hair in a bun or loose braid (to avoid tangling) and only brush it once a week as every time I touch them huge chunks fall off 😱. This still happens.
- Numbness/ pins and needles in hands feet and lower arms and lower legs. (Doesn’t seem to be diabetes as sensitivity is very good).
- Headaches, lots of them
- no hunger
- no weight loss whatsoever and steadily gaining weight!!!!
- insulin resistance
And I’ve only just turned 28!
Feeling kind of scared and overwhelmed a little bit. Mostly because all of this could have been prevented most likely. Especially the psychological effects of all this and how they all correlate. For example when trying to be healthy and have good blood sugar control and despite all the effort nothing seems to work, or when trying to loose weight and again nothing is working, but doctors don’t put 2+2 together and see the underlying causes of things. I have traumas in regards to this that date back to the ages of 11 or so as I had PCOS since then (based on symptoms and my diabetes could not get controlled regardless of what I would do. And I would only get shouted at.
Sorry for the long rant!
It seems like trying for a baby in 6 months time is not happening afterall 😔.
I am very new, so I’m sure my question would probably be identical to many others! Sorry 😅
I have a few medical conditions which have been diagnosed such as Type 1 Diabetes and PCOS with severe insulin resistance.
But I’ve also noticed in my most recent blood tests (Nov 2020) that I’ve had a few things show up either being borderline or deficient, but the GP didn’t even mention them to me.
I’m asking them for new blood tests, but so far have been unsuccessful - hopefully will get new ones in the next 2 months 🤞.
I’m posting here as I’ve got my TSH level which was trending on the lower end for about 2yrs but it just crossed the upper end in the last results.
I have a lot of symptoms which are both related to Hypothyroidism, folate deficiency and PCOS.
I’ll also disclose I’m obese, as I know that affects these things too. I have a healthy diet and in the past 1 month switched to a Keto diet to control my diabetes, which works.
Despite being in a healthy calorie deficit and exercising, the weight does not shed.. but it’s likely to be connected with my poor sleeping habits and stress.
These are my results which I thought are worthy of note:
Serum Bilirubin 3umol/L (1-21)
Serum ALT 6-9iu/L (0-33)
Folate 2.7 (3.9-26.8)
Ferritin 60ug/L (30-400)
Vit D 27 (30-200)
MCH 28.1 pg ( 27-32)
MCHC 328g/L (320 - 360)
Platelet 386 (150-400)
Sorry if some are not relevant 😬
What are things you would recommend looking into?
Any specific Blood test to request?
Any supplements to try?