I have Hashimoto's and also Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for several years, which I have been managing with various nutritional supplements and NDT.
At the time of taking the bloods below i was on 3 grains of Thiroid NDT (1 grain = 60mg Thyroid)
I've been feeling okay the last couple of years but recently I've been having some symptoms so I had some bloods done.
1. Brain Fog (this had almost disappeared the last two years).
2. Tiredness, fatigue and lethargy.
3. Stiff back, stiff joints and muscles.
4. Disproportionate tiredness and brainfog after excercise.
Bloods (7 march 2019):
TSH = 0.395 mIU/L (Range: 0.27 - 4.2)
FT4 = 9.110 pmol/L (Range: 12 - 22)
FT3 - 4.64 pmol/L (Range: 3.1 - 6.8)
rT3 = 8.0 ng/dL (Range: 10 - 24)
T3/rT3 Ratio =
37.76 Ratio (Range: > 15)
TGab = 800.000 kU/L (Range: < 115)
TPab = 235 kIU/L (Range: < 34)
B12 = 80.100 pmol/L (Range: 37.5 - 188)
D3 = 90.3 nmol/L (Range: 50 - 175)
Ferritin = 115 ug/L (Range: 30 - 400)
Folate: 13.11 ug/L (Range: > 3.89)
C- Reactive Protein =
0.55 mg/L (Range: < 5).
I made an excel chart (see attahment) of all my bloods over the last 4 years and I noted the following:
1. Since June 2017 (when I transitioned from Levothyroxine to NDT, my FT4 drastically reduced but my T3 has been around the same (normal )range before and after starting on NDT .
2. my TGab in June 2017 was only 105 and now its 800.
3. My general thryoid and CFS symptoms have improved since taking NDT - which is strange as the T3 was similar before and after. They suddenly came back in February.
1. Is having low T4 a problem if T3 is Normal? My GP wants me to start taking T4 again with the NDT, which I am thinking is a good idea but need some advice on.
3. My TGab's have shot up - and my throat has been hurting slightly for a couple of months - i'm worried that the antoibodies are really attacking and eating up my thyroid gland. Could this be due to the NDT or could it be just a random flare up? Is there anything I can do to stop the antibodies attacking the thyroid gland? I am already on a Gluten Free Diet.
4. After the bloods test above (and before the results came back) - I immediately went to 4 grains of NDT, and starting taking more Vitamin D (in the past I took Vit D booster as I was deficient and it drastically reduced the Brain Fog). I am feeling much better with my symptoms but am concerned that 4 grains may be too much.
Please can anyone throw some light / advice, the main advice needed is if i should stay on 4 grains of Thyroid or take T4 with a reduced dose of NDT -
Much appreciated and thanks in Advance!