Story so far:
Unable to get my usual natural thyroid, I asked my GP about getting it as a 'named' patient. I was told it wasn't possible and had to wait 4 weeks for a 'baseline' blood test so they can try me on Levo first. It is 3 years since I stopped taking it because all my symptoms had come back and with advice from people on here, I switched and self-managed.
After 4 weeks I was very ill. My bloods were:
TSH 65.01, range 0.34-5.6
Free T4 1.5, range 7.5-21.1
Firstly I was told to take 25mcg Levo for 6 weeks then do another blood test.
With help from people on here I challenged the dose and they changed it to 75mcg.
I complained to the surgery as due to being so ill, I can't work and I don't know anyone who has been told to come off meds for 4 weeks. I had a meeting with GP and practice manager who said that they had no choice since I had told them I couldn't get natural and it's not possible to convert between the two.
I was a bit naughty and went for my blood test two weeks early and I was told my TSH is now 35, but I shouldn't have gone so soon and have to wait and do another because it's 'too dangerous' to up it any quicker.
I'm pretty frustrated as due to my symptoms I still can't work and if I don't work, I don't have an income.
Has anyone come across anything official about changing from one to the other?
I really wish I had known how bad it would be to follow the advice I was given and I'm not a happy bunny.