Thyroid UK
90,584 members104,962 posts

my memory

i am seriously bothered that i have days of no recall,yesterday i was tryingt o open a document box with two tiny keys that i have had safe for 3 years- now after the keys didnt fit- i have no idea what i have done with them- no recall at all, been thru the papers on the tables 3 times, the rubbish bin, the drawers, the trinkets boxes, pockets in cardi's everywhere an dno keys and no recall- i have days when i thik of something then its gone and mind is a blank- everything ha sto be written down as i think- but i am i living under tremendous stress and hav ebeen the last 4 years, but worse stress these last 2 years.. and at the moment the stress is overwhelming,re family--- i hope its not doing my brain in- should isee doctor about dementia?

12 Replies
oldestnewest

NO !

2 likes

whyno marz?

1 like

As you well know medicine today wants to shoe horn you into a condition - so they can pump you with their CURE ???

B12 jabs and lots of VitD should help .... :-) x

3 likes

Usually anti-depressants!

3 likes

Try to assess methylation status - there are questionnaires and so on. Then retrace your steps as far as you can from that day. Then find an internet lock picking course which will stimulate the brain and solve the problem. Not a joke. When I was really stressed I would forget what I was saying in the middle of a sentence. Much better now. Lots of lists and routines helps. Specs on a thing round your neck, plus a pencil and attach door keys to your person. Have a box for them by the bath/shower and bed. Money, meds etc in a bum bag, so you can't leave it somewhere. Then that's a load of stuff you don't have to worry about any more.

5 likes

If you’re under lots of stress bluepettals2 that’ll be a big part of it. When I was widowed 22m ago I found I couldn’t remember loads of things for quite a while. Widow-brain is a thing, apparently... But I guess it was my brain sort of attempting to protect me. It does get better, but when you take into account how your sleep is affected when stressed out, and how you take less good care of yourself etc because so many other things seem to be a higher priority etc, it really isn’t surprising. Hugs xx

5 likes

So hard to believe it was 22 months ago - x

I know, Marz. xxx

It still feels sometimes like it only happened the week before last... 😢 But it’s slowly getting easier to bear.

2 likes

sorry to hear that news jazz

1 like

thanks everyone.

Im always forgetting stuff and loosing things-i was told its part and package of thyroid disease.😊😊

I found my memory was worse before I realised I needed supplements. Then of course the frustration with my duff memory was a stress in itself. It's definitely improved since my supplements. I echo Marz thoughts, stay away from the Dr 🙂

You may also like...