Thyroid UK
87,539 members102,253 posts

Another CCG insisting they can refuse T3

Heard today that another patient who has been on T3 for many years has been told they will be getting a letter stopping their T3

Insisting CCG are within their rights to do so

The patient is totally intolerant of levothyroxine

18 Replies
oldestnewest

They just don't care.

5 likes

Which CCG is this? It would be interesting to keep a log of all these CCGs so that members in these areas have pre-warning of what might be about to happen to their repeat prescriptions.

9 likes

Improve Thyroid Treatment campaign on Facebook is compiling a record for each CCG

Plus masses of helpful advice and letter templates on how to fight this

8 likes

Thanks slowdragon

You mentioned that on the other post and I joined.

Thanks for that, very good group

I am sure T3 would help my depression. I was also shown to have low T4 to T3 conversion on higher doses of levo.

1 like

I know that some people are given T3 by NHS for depression.

1 like

Criminal! 😨

1 like

Mine was reinstated after 10 months so it can be reversed x

4 likes

Are people with no thyroid being refused T3 as well?

We’re not being encouraged to try!!! Three times been put off cos of atrial fib risk etc etc. Psyching up for April meeting with endo. Only had it before RAI.

Yes I had mine stopped in January.

Its vital that you file a challenge ...they are not allowed to stop your prescription

Already challenged it with my CCG sent the updated recommendations from both NHS England & BTA highlighted the relevant paragraphs sent a copy of my discharge note from my endocrinologist after a total thyroidectomy stating a combination Of T4 & T3 is the required therapy. even sent it recorded delivery.The reply was that T3 remains blacklisted & neither an endocrinologist or a GP can prescribe it. Then in the last paragraph suggested I see my GP to get a referral to an endocrinologist for a review. What is the point when he isn’t allowed to prescribe i?

1 like

Take the whole lot yo your MP

Been there, sent it to my Tory MP didn’t even get a reply that is why I wrote to Jeremy Corbyn at least he did bring it up at Prime Ministers QT. My MP is a total waste of space.

Make an appt at your MPs surgury and make aB nuiscance of yourself

2 likes

I think it’s all wrong that they have been aloud to stop T3 . I am certain the day powers that be if it was them it would be different .T3 can save lives if it’s needed it should be seen that it would be given to us to make it better instead if not given we may die just because of not being able to pay for T3.ourselvis and we can’t get it in the UK.

What I cant understand is the CCG issued a long list of OTC drugs that were going to be no longer available. My freind is still being prescribed Paracetamol by the box full. Yet T3 which isnt an OTC drug is being refused. The whole thing with the recent consultation seems to have been a complete waste of time.

You may also like...