Thyroid UK
84,123 members99,103 posts

B complex/anxiety

Hi everyone,

So as my folate and B12 are not optimal (results below) so I bought a B complex vitamin.

ACTIVE B12 (56.300) pmol/L 25.10 -165.00

FOLATE (SERUM) (5.59) ug/L 2.91 -50.0025

This is biocare liquid B complex, I take my meds in the morning so took this late afternoon, as it was my first time trying this I took 2 drops instead of the recommeded 12, not long after I experienced a panic attack so I don't really want to try this again.

Is there any way I can naturally raise my B12 and folate without vitamins?

5 Replies
oldestnewest

R120,

It could be coincidental that you experienced the panic attack shortly after taking the B Complex.

Eating more leafy green veg will raise folate.

I don't think there's anything wrong with your B12. It's very unlikely that Active B12 >35 will be deficient. B12 is obtained from meat, fish and eggs.

2 likes

Thanks Clutter,

I think I will stick to trying to add it into foods instead.

You mentioned anxiety late afternoon/evening in this thread healthunlocked.com/thyroidu... so it's likely not related to the B Complex.

B vitamins can be stimulating so they best taken no later than lunchtime, the only need to be 2 hours away from thyroid meds.

2 likes

Thank you, might see how it goes tomorrow but it feels quite strong this vitamin.

1 like

B vitamins are water soluble. Taking any B complex supplement with more than 100% NRV (RDA) of each "B" is a waste of money. Some smaller pharmacies sell one that costs £1 for 60 tablets (2 months supply). Each tablet provides 100% NRV of each B vitamin.

I will send you a pm with name and manufacturers email in case you can't find a supplier. The company is in Leeds.

2 likes

You may also like...