Thyroid UK
91,953 members β€’ 106,212 posts

Thiroyd dosage problems

Hi all,

I've recently changed back to levo plus liothyronin after taking Thiroyd from Thailand for 2 years. The reason being I was up to 4 1/2 grains plus 20mcg liothyronin daily and was scared to up anymore. I feel dreadful now after 3 weeks back on levo my joints are aching badly especially my knees... I was originally on 150mcg of levo, then my endo prescribed 20mcg of liothyronin but told me to cut levo to 100mcg... after 6 months on this I decided to try thiroyd and was happy until a couple of months ago. I think perhaps i should restart the Thiroyd but I am scared to increase it anymore. Any advice would be great. Tia x

10 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Your body knew what it needed and clearly cannot tolerate levothyroxine

Quality of life is the only important criteria

My husband is on 5 grains Thyroid-s so is our daughter

Grandaughter is on 4 grains

Thank you, good advice.im taking it 😊

Why were you afraid to increase Thiroyd?

I am on 5 grains of Thyroid-S, have been for the past year, and doing great.

I think you should listen to your body, as it's obvious that the return of hypo symptoms means it's not happy with T4 + T3.

Thanks I'm back on thiroyd and feel much better 😊

Wasimps,

What were your thyroid results and ranges on Thiroyd and Liothyronine?

Hi thanks for replying, I completely forgot about this post brain fog haha. I have since gone back to thiroyd and I'm up to 5 grains and how much better I feel for it. My T4 was lower end and T3 middle of the scale at my last blood test in January. My tsh was suppressed as expected. I would like my T3 to be in the top end but have no idea how to achieve this... 😊

Wasimps,

What dose Thiroyd were you taking when you tested in January?

4.5 plus 20mcg T3. Dr did blood test before I took any meds of course.

Wasimps,

Well FT3 will be higher as you're on 5 grains. If you feel well on 5 grains you shouldn't increase dose just to push FT3 higher.

1 like

Thanks so much for your advice Clutter much appreciated πŸ‘

You may also like...