Thyroid UK
91,756 members106,050 posts

ok endo said he cant give me private prescription for cheaper t3 as he is Nhs. he isnt awkward but is he green? also said

low iron doesnt cause hairloss! he is only too pleased to refer me to a dermo inlondon and menopause clinic.. anyway--- from a social media site- a person has posted, recemtly her nhs management sent her on an 'awayday' about 80 people attended.

she said it was private venue, food and drinks laid on while they wasted time playing 'management bingo' she said add that up and the lost productivity of 80 or so and that money would have bought us a year of t3! she said no matter how muchmoney is slung at nhs it never gets spent wher it shouls so i am sending this info to my mp thepoor sod only has time to answer my moans, no wonder he is now abackbencher.

13 Replies
oldestnewest

If it wasn't for all these people clogging up the waiting rooms and wards the nhs would be running fine.

1 like

Well, that could be true - how many of them have colds or just want a sick/well note (or just come back time after time because the GP doesn't ever solve the problem)?

1 like

I meant it as a barb at all the patient blaming that goes on.

1 like

I know, but some of it is justified.

The thing about fitnotes I find so frustrating! The benefits system puts this huge demand in doctors time, and expects things from doctors that they just don't see as part of their job.

It's such a disconnect and wasteful part of both systems!

Quite so.

1 like

No, he is correct, but you'll have to pay for the prescription and the T3, which you wouldn't if on NHS. You can get a private prescription for French or German T3, but it would be cheaper to buy Greek or Turkish T3 without a prescription

Well, if they spent time and brain cells properly looking at diagnosing patients instead of wasting money referring to psychologists, prescribing antibiotics or antidepressants, they could afford to prescribe T3 instead, keep people healthy, in work, and paying taxes, making it a happy virtuous circle!

6 likes

angel he said he couldnt give me aprivat eprescrit even so i could buy a cheaper brand, i hav eno idea how to get greek t3 and then i would worryif it was proper- we shouldnt have to be doing this- i really wantto walk into no done downing street and lay the bloody law down- feeling crap and still havingto fight for the right meds in the 21st century-- it s like medieval times!

1 like

Tiromel, Ikaros and Unipharma are real brands from Greece or Turkey and are so cheap in their own countries that they are not worth counterfeiting - it would cost more than the real thing. The endo or GP can write you a private prescription for Thybon Henning 20mcg from Germany, but might consider doing so unethical. If you post a request, people will tell you how to get Greek or Turkish T3 online. If you are hypo (or an oldie), you get free NHS prescriptions so the cost of T3 shouldn't matter to you.

1 like

angel i am an oldie but it still has been stopped gp wont pay and endo said he cant give and wont give a private prescription?

So post a request for reliable sites for T3. However, the guidance says that patients who were doing well on T3 should not have it removed for cost reasons and GP might be in breach of contract for not prescribing needed medication.

meanwhile t3 is sitting on big pharma shelves going to rot as no one is having it.

1 like

You may also like...