Thyroid UK

having had the flu since december and the after effects not gone yet--

was a bad time and lost a stone in weight- my neck was bad enough before but now-- i look like e- t. what with hair going as well- i look a pleasant sight! i want to know if anyone knows how to disguise a scraggy neck! not with a scarf or polo neck---- but are there any tightening neck creams out there even temporary ones that last for an evening? preferbly one that would encourage scrags to go even slowly... a miracle?

9 Replies
oldestnewest

There are loads of creams that promise miracles but they don't work short or long term, they may make the skin look smoother but won't get rid of scraggy saggy bits, surgeons knife is the only answer 😱

1 like

When you put your routine face moisturiser on - start on the chest and with sweeping upward movements to the neck and then the face - avoiding eye area. Rub any excess onto the backs of your hands and then lots of upward movements alternating hands quickly - up the neck and over jawline - going from side to side and with a slapping sound. Improving blood flow has more effect than anything - hence why body massages work :-)

Recent programme on TV tested lots of different products for various things and Nivea was the best for enabling the skin to retain moisture ! Who would have thought it ?

Wearing a bright red lipstick will take the attention away from the neck :-) x

6 likes

There will be a rush on Nivea today.

4 likes

... and red lipsticks 😊😊

4 likes

Marz, if one's teeth are in a poor state because of crappy dentists, poor hormone levels, poor nutritional absorption &/or anything else, bright red lipstick will make your teeth look much, much worse! 😟

1 like

.... ah but they won't notice your neck :-)

Best to just wear a veil. 😎

1 like

Bluepettals. I hope someone can respond. It is strange how skin can lose it's elasticity but I'm sure people wont notice very much. I do hope you are keeping much better as you've had a rough time recently with your health.

2 likes

i have bought some fabulift from ideal to cover my eye bags-i sound like a right old prune- what a sight -- lackof hair loose skin saggy neck eyebags- i was once a beauty! witha load of hair-- i am going to raf dinner next month and dont want to look like a hag!...

You may also like...