Thyroid UK

Endo that could prescibe T3

Hi Everyone,

I have been able to get a private endo appointment through my insurance but Im worrying that I wont see an endo that could prescribe t3 if I need it and it will be a waste of time. How do you find out in advance if thats an option or am stressing unnecessarily?

I have the list from thyroid UK but its not got any close to me that are approved by my insurance ( Portsmouth, Hampshire UK).

I was diagnosed hypothyroid in sept and symptoms not improving on Levo so doc happy to refer to endo as they think I need T3 testing etc. I get b12 injections, take folic acid, vit d and magnesium to try and get my levels up.

Any recommendations (via PM) or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Spider_24,

You could order a TSH, FT4 and FT3 blood test from Blue Horizon or Medichecks via thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/testin... Post the results and ranges in a new question and members will advise whether adding T3 will be helpful.

Not all endos support prescribing T3 so check with their offices before confirming an appointment. You can write a new post with the names of your health insurer's approved endos and ask for feedback via private messages.

You will have to pay for private prescriptions and 28 x 20mcg Liothyronine in the UK is £258+ so ask your endo to write a prescription for 100 x 20mcg Liothyronine which can be ordered for €35 from versandapo.de/en/0/7498960/...

1 like

Thank you for the reply it was very helpful info that il look into asap

You may also like...