Thyroid UK
84,230 members99,231 posts

eyebrow plucking is getting very difficult

because the skin is getting thin and i keep pinching skin up insteadof eyebrow hair, strange it grows there but doesnt want to grow on my head! anyone got any ideas. i hate this ageing lark and it hasnt helped as i have lost so much weight from face to feet after being ill for a month... do i go and get them waxed instead?

7 Replies
oldestnewest

I get my hairdresser to shape my eyebrows now. I've never had a problem with them in over 40 years of being Hypo, they've always been full and vigorous growers but this last year they seem to have hardly grown and I now also seem to be getting the classic losing the outer third, of course test results don't show Hypo but definitely some symptoms do!

Hi bluepettals I’m not hypo but hyper I went to get my eyebrows waxed the other day and I told the beautician about my thyroid issue she said she would rather pluck them than wax as the skin can be thinner (I just told her to go ahead and wax it I was fine) but it maybe worth asking a beautician to do a wax test on a small patch first or get them to thread or pluck instead 😊

What about an eyebrow tint or microblading pettals :)

I've seen threading(?) being done in shops, but don't know if it can be carried out at home. There are also gadgets on sale that look like coiled springs, & I think act in a similar way to electric epilators, but don't know anyone that's tried one.

My eyebrows don't grow in quantity, just length when I've taken zinc. No such luck up'top!

Most beauticians who wax or pluck should be trained in threading maybe google a mobile threading beautician and yes a eyebrow tint is definitely a good idea anything for a bit of a pamper 😊

1 like

Well, I haven't done mine for about 45 years, but hot flannel first, then hold skin really taut and bite the flannel for the pain! Might need new tweezers with a slightly different blade angle.

1 like

Dont have that problem anymore as i had semi permanent makeup done on my brows as they thinned about 13 years ago- well worth it when you have hardly any brows, , i even had topliner permantley done. 💛

You may also like...