Thyroid UK

Seeking Endocrinologist willing to prescribe T3

I am new to Thyroid UK and in desperate need of advice! I have Hashimoto's disease and currently being treated through T4 hormone replacement therapy. However, I am having little to no symptomatic relief.

I have recently find out that I have a positive DIO2 test result (faulty gene), which decreases the ability of the DIO2 enzyme to generate the active T3 hormone.

My GP supports the need for combination T4/T3 treatment, but he needs an endocrinologist to advise on dosage for combinational therapy. Please can someone let me know of an endocrinologist willing to prescribe T3 or T4/T3 combination treatment?

I live in Birmingham, and am willing to travel to find the right endocrinologist.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you!

The ability to reply to this post has been turned off.
1 Reply
oldestnewest

Welcome to the forum, Deliee.

Email dionne.fulcher@thyroiduk.org for a list of member recommended NHS endocrinologists. I'm afraid you will need to contact their offices to confirm whether they do prescribe T3 as not all do.

If members can recommend anyone they will send you a private message. Feedback can't be posted on the forum so I am closing your post to replies. To read a private message: support.healthunlocked.com/...

To send Deliee a private message: support.healthunlocked.com/...

You may also like...