Thyroid UK

Has anyone experienced TIA 's or mini stroke from their t4 or t3 being too high ? TIA associated with thyroid problems

Has anyone experienced TIA 's or mini stroke from their t4 or t3 being too high ? TIA associated with thyroid problems

I believe I have had mini stroke 10 February 2016 my arm and hand left side suddenly start feeling tingly suddenly my left hand and arm go completely limp my thyroid levels was high my face was red and suddenly my tongue slowly was shaking everything happen so quickly about 2 minutes .my thyroid levels after the stroke was high .free t3 level was going up ! GP said Tia symptoms and mri scan was clear .that day I made mistake i didn't go to hospital .has anyone experienced TIA 's or mini stroke from their T4 or T3 being too high ? Or TSH very low or high ? .....thanks ...I have got Graves' disease ( overactive thyroid problems ) . Picture : March 2016 thyroid level was high ...

3 Replies
oldestnewest

My Nephew is a stroke consultant. You should have gone to hospital when it happened. You could have found out exactly what had gone on.

Problem is I didn't know because happen so quickly about 2 minutes. I was watching tv suddenly my hands was numb I was dizzy and I had vision problem my face was red my thyroid gland vibrating my tongue was shaking I couldn't open my hands I was panic I took ibuprofen right hand suddenly was open left hand was still numb .i made big mistake I didn't go to hospital I thought thyroid problems doing it .my GP send me hospital for blood test blood test everything was ok except thyroid levels and testosterone levels .thyroid levels was high testosterone was low but normal .my prolactin level was little bit high .i was diagnosed 2008 Graves' disease ( overactive thyroid )

Sorry to hear that, I was too hasty with my reply. I hope that you are feeling better now.

You may also like...