Not pleased with lack of testing.๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

Since being diagnosed with hypothyroidism, I've had several different physical changes, that I learned to cope with.

That was over 18 yrs ago. Recently I have been having strange reactions after eating different foods. I start having extreme temperature changes in my body..I would like to know if anyone else has this....break out in sweat symptom.

It's very uncomfortable, annoying, and really takes the quality out of enjoying food, eating and life period. ..Miserable in the South.

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by thyroid conditions by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hi, I'm very new to this site and don't know much about thyroid issues but just had a thought . . . could it be something to do with peri menopause/menopause. I don't know how old you are and sorry if I'm totally wrong.

• I think it is time you had an overall blood test = a more thorough way of analysing.

Blood tests have to be always at the very earliest, fasting and allow a gap of 24 hours between your last dose of levo and the test and take it afterwards.

You need a TSH, T4, T3, Free T4, Free T3 and thyroid antibodies. Lab may not do all of them if TSH and T4 are in range but you can get those not tested through a a recommended Private Lab. We have two who do home pin-prick blood tests and make sure you are well hydrated a couple of days before blood draw. The are postal tests. They are Blue Horizon and Medichecks.

Medichecks usually have a Thursday Special Offer.

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/testin...

GP should test B12, Vit D, iron, ferritin and folate.

Get a print-out with the ranges from the surgery (some charge a nominal sum for paper/ink) and put them on a new post for comments.,

• Hi - do you know which foods cause this? I've always had extreme blood sugar swings from everything carby and suspected that certain foods caused hot flashes. The auto immune diet eased inflammation symptoms but not the heat. My doc finally pointed out that sugar can cause this. I haven't figured out exactly how it happens (insulin? adrenaline?) so even though my general digestive health is much better I have to avoid simple carbs.

Good luck finding out the cause!

You may also like...