First time posting blood results - would appreciate advice :)

Hi all, this is the first time I've posted my blood test results. I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid 5 years ago and I'm currently on 100mg of levothyroxine. The last couple of years have been really struggling with the symptoms they fell like they are all back to before I knew I had a thyroid issue. Any advice or thoughts on the below blood results would be much appreciated.

TSH 0.59 (0.3 - 6.0)

Free T4 Level 17.2 (10.0 -22.0)

Free T3 3.9 (3.6 - 6.4)

Thyroid Antibodies 30KIU/L <34

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Kirsty01

Your FT3 is at the low end, which probably means you're not converting T4 to usable T3 very well. Maximizing your vitamins & minerals can help Levo to work better, I'd suggest testing iron/ferritin, B12/folate and vit D and getting them up to optimal levels before you think about adding T3, and selenium helps the conversion too.

J :D

Edit - found a useful link that someone posted...

naturalendocrinesolutions.c...

• Thanks so much for your reply. The gp said all results were fine no reason to look into further, so it's reassuring that there are other aspects to look into. For my aches the gp is sending me for arthritis tests which I think is a little off the ball! I'm going to rebook to see the endoc dr that I've paid to see (out of desperation) hopefully they will be able to advise me. The only thing I'm worried about is the cost of T3 in the uk. If they prescribe T3 the addional costs aren't just a usual prescription payment (not that I have to pay for levo) is that right?

• GPs aren't nutritionists, neither am I but I read a lot! enough to avoid carpal & cubital tunnel surgery. A Rheumatologist may discover low vitamins.

GPs have been told they should not prescribe T3 to new patients, which is bad news for us - see this link

healthunlocked.com/thyroidu...

You may also like...