TPO results

Hi

Following on from my initial posting of my TSH and FT4 results I have now had TPO results back:

768 IU/mL

negative <60 IU/mL

equivocal 60 - 100 IU/mL

positive >100 IU/mL

I also asked my GP if my nutrient levels could be tested. The GP requested vit B12 and vit D. The lab declined to test my vit D levels! They did however test my vit B12:

Serum vitamin B12 : 295 ng/L (189-883)

The lab has marked the above as satisfactory but I know from reading posts on this site that isn't satisfactory. Could anyone advise me on how much B12 I should take? Does anyone have any recommendations for a particular brand? I did read on one post that it was best to take vit b12 methlycobalamin if I remember correctly?

My GP is referring me to an endocrinologist but if I want my vit D tested or any other tests I guess I'm going to have to pay for them myself.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Lje05,

Thyroid peroxidase antibodies are positive for autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashimoto's). There is no cure for Hashimoto's which causes 90% of hypothyroidism. Levothyroxine treatment is for the low thyroid levels it causes. Many people have found that 100% gluten-free diet is helpful in reducing Hashi flares, symptoms and eventually antibodies.

chriskresser.com/the-gluten...

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_...

B12 295 is low in range but unless you have the symptoms in b12deficiency.info/signs-an... you are unlikely to be deficient. I would ask for advice on healthunlocked.com/pasoc before supplementing.

You can order ferritin, vitamin D and folate via thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/testin... or your can order vitD only from City Assays. Medichecks do #ThyroidThursday discounts.

• Thank you. I have read that 100% gluten free diet can be helpful so I'm going to gave it a go to see if it helps in reducing my symptoms.

You may also like...