Thyroid UK

Difference between vitamin k's?

I just wondered what the difference was in vit k2 q7? Is it the soya that makes it undesirable or is there more to it? Only the kind assistant in Revital gave me that instead ~ I gave the poor woman a massive list of stuff and she scurried around the store for me as I felt ill and they had changed the shelves around ~ I've been taking it for a while now ~ been on vit D3 3000 spray since my injections stopped ~ didn't take k2 for ages though ~ didn't realise the importance until I found this brilliant forum x

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Vit K1 is to do with blood clotting. Vit K2 directs calcium into bones and teeth. There are two kinds of vit K2 - MK4 and MK7. MK4 is synthetic. That's the least desirable one, although not exactly undesirable. MK7 is made from fermented soy, so not a problem at all. Which one did your shop assistant give you? Doesn't sound as if she knows much about it.

Thank you greygoose for your response ~ the lady in Revital is good ~ she gave MQ7 ~ it was the 'Q' I wondered about ~ I put MK7 on the list that's all ~ I was looking at ingredients and saw 'soya' so I thought that was why you knowledgable folks recommend the 'K' one.

I've never heard of MQ7. Where were they manufactured? Ahhh looks like it might be German. But it's the same thing. :)

Mamapea1 The soy in K2-MK7 is fermented soy, the only type of soy that is OK for us Hypos. It's unfermented soy that we should avoid.

Thank you for your reply ~ that's good then, the Q doesn't matter, as long as we have the 7! I have been taking one a day as instructed on the jar ~ is that enough?

It's Menaquinone-7, no idea why it's known as MK7. Most K2-MK7 supplements come as 90mcg or 100mcg.

I wrote a post about Vit K a few months ago, with some links that are interesting healthunlocked.com/thyroidu...

2 likes

Mine are higher nature Menaquinone-7 45mcg ~ maybe I'll take 2 daily? Anyway, the right one ~ thank you for the enlightening link ~. I'm so glad I'm taking it! Interesting about the K4 and bone repair too! x

You may also like...