test results people can you help please

test results

i take 75 mcg levo

20mcg t3

test results

ft4. 9 pmol

ft3. 2.17pmol

tsh. 0.17 mIU/L

i requested hrt to help withhair but a total NO and as i am so depressed to talk to my gp about th edepression -as it wouldbenefit me- iam depressed becaus e of all the sodding hair loss how is talking to my go goingto help that-- ffs!

TPO antibodies undectable ( normal Test) thanks

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Reference ranges???

oh yes of course - there wasnt any ! this is the clinic letter no results page- i am SO BLOODY ANGRY today-ihave emailedto get a copy- myendo left to go private ,now i have someone who thinks the aboveis normal- i know the range roughly ft4 is 12 ( low anyway)to 24 nmol an d t3 is about 3.6 to 6.9 therabouts..i think i will wait another 4 weeks now to getthe results back. why bother!

Well, your FT4 will be lowish anyway as you're taking T3, but your FT3 is very low and looks like under range so that is a big problem, no wonder you feel cr@p!

I'm surprised your FT3 is that low when taking 20mcg T3.

You really need to get both free Ts within range, even if FT4 stays at the lower end you need FT3 at the upper end when taking T3.

Ask for an increase in dose(s).

2 likes

right tryoingto copy andpaste a pdf andi dont know how to.

ft4 range 10.3 to 24.5 dr peatfield would have a fit at that.

tsh 0.3 to 5.5

ft3 3.5 to 6.5

anti thyriod peroxidase ab <4IU/ml ( 0 to 35

comments <25 negatve

25-35 =eqivocal

>35= positive

i dont understand the anti bodies.

ft4. 9 pmol (10.3 to 24.5)

ft3. 2.17pmol (3.5 to 6.5)

tsh. 0.17 mIU/L (0.3 to 5.5)

75 mcg levo plus 20mcg t3

Below range FT4, below range FT3 - what is your endo doing about getting your levels into range? You need more thyroid hormone.

anti thyriod peroxidase ab <4IU/ml (0 to 35) - <25 negatve

Your TPO antibodies are negative so not showing autoimmune thyroid disease.

It's possible to have negative TPO but positive TG (Thyroglobulin) antibodies so you can ask them to test those.

Strange that your TSH is so low considering your free Ts levels.

Not sure if you take any other medication that might interfere with your thyroid hormone.

Are vitamins and minerals optimal? Any gut issues?

That's all I can think of.

seaside susie what what exactly is /does thyrogobulin? i shallask ifmy go can do this , it amazes me why an endo whodeals with hormones never tests hormones!

bluepettals2 Thyroglobulin antibodies are another type of thyroid antibodies which can cause autoimmune thyroid disease. You can be negative for Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies but positive for Thyroglobulin antibodies which can confirm Hashimoto's. NHS rarely do it,, an endo might be able to arrange it

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_...

thanks for that- i wonder why he didnt do that, they do half tests an dthat is all.

seaside susie my brain is not processing-- is my tsh at 0.17 bigger or smaller than 0.02 i know it sound simole but i am not getting it- mybrain isnt working. i take t3 and itis normoallyabout 0.02 or 0.03 shouldd i worry that i am hyper or hypo

bluepettals2 TSH at 0.17 is higher than 0.02

When you have a diagnosis of Hypothyroidism, you cannot become hyperthyroid. But you can be overmedicated which would be shown by an over range FT3 when taking T3. A low or suppressed TSH does not mean that you are overmedicated, it just means that the pituitary gland is detecting enough thyroid hormone so doesn't need to send a signal (TSH) to the thyroid.

1 like

thanks seasidesusie i used to be on top of all these results but i cant process now- i wonder what s wrong then as i my ft4 is low? i feel so hypo- so tired no energy at all

bluepettals2 Were both tests done at the same time of day, and as advised here so often ie early morning blood draw, overnight fast, leaving off Levo for 24 hours and T3 12 hours?

And you feel tired because you are undermedicated as already mentioned.

ft4. 9 pmol (10.3 to 24.5)

ft3. 2.17pmol (3.5 to 6.5)

tsh. 0.17 mIU/L (0.3 to 5.5)

75 mcg levo plus 20mcg t3

I asked before but no answer

"Not sure if you take any other medication that might interfere with your thyroid hormone.

Are vitamins and minerals optimal?"

And if your endo says you do not need to alter your thyroid meds then he is an idiot. Ask him how can everything be OK if both FT4 and FT3 are under range. That is your problem.

yes sorry, i take a lot of supps as i have lyme as well. he is new endo and a pratt-- i dontabsorb b12 or vit d i did a gene test i have one mouldy b12 inject every 3 months!!! i am on ferrous fumerate as well as iron is low ( previous endo) now left to go private).. i dont know how much new endo knows but he said do i want to go local to another--- i said NO NO NO they are dreadful down my way. i hav e bougth nature throid now

gut seems to be fine- endo says do not need to alter thyroid med ! yeah right! will get my own armour cant thinkwhyhe didnt do the thyrobulin. waste of bloody time- i will getsome armour seaside sue andcomebackandsee you next week. thankyou xxxxxx hugs

i have just ordered naturethroid because its half the price of armour which i wanted

You may also like...