Hi I am new. I am not feeling very well with my symptoms despite high thyroid hormone results - rabbit pellet stools, losing hair, joint pain, dark rings under eyes, heart going slow then fast, low appetite. I was taking 200mcg levo and 20mcg t3 for hypothyroid diagnosed on 2013. Thanks in advance for anything I should do thankyou.

TSH 0.08 (0.2 - 4.2)

Free T4 20.5 (12 - 22)

Free T3 4.3 (3.1 - 6.8)

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by thyroid conditions by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Felicity1 It looks as though you could do with an increase in your T3 dose.

But, some of your symptoms are indicative of low nutrient levels. If you've had the following tested, please post the results with their reference ranges, if not already tested then ask for them or do it privately if GP won't oblige:

Vit D

B12

Folate

Ferritin

These all need to be optimal (not just in range) for thyroid hormone to work.

• Do you have Hashimoto's - high antibodies? Also know as autoimmune thyroid.

If you do then, you may find that changing to gluten free diet may improve symptoms

Very common when hypo, especially with Hashimoto's to have low nutrients. Your other post shows vitamin D is far too low. With autoimmune diseases it is very common to have problems with vitamin D. We either need more, use more or can't make any. 800iu won't ever improve your levels. You need to get level to at least 70nmol/L, or ideally around 100.

When taking higher dose vitamin D, its recommended we also take magnesium and vitamin K2 as well.

Get ferritin, folate and B12 tested - all very likely to be low

See The Thyroid Pharmacist website for masses of info about Hashimoto's

Thyroid UK main site to this support group has lots of info including where to get private blood tests if you need them. Or recommended thyroid doctors

• have you considered candida as being responsible for your sugar cravings? (On your other post)

thyroidpharmacist.com/artic...

hypothyroidmom.com/hashimot...

• Yes I have hashimotos thankyou no date for endoscopy yet

• Negative for candida in stool test but when I do spit test in glass there are white spidery threads hanging from my spit so possibly candida thankyou

You may also like...