Thyroiditis

I am suffering with pain in my throat, in the right side above my collarbone, little burning in my throat, feel like swallowing a rock, painful to swallow, felt like something is pressing against my windpipe, tender to touch. I went to ENT to check it out. He said I have Thyroiditis and he told me to go to Endocrinologist. I went to see Endocrinologist. She said I should take an ultrasound. Then I took an ultrasound. It shows that I have small multi nodules (goiter), one on left and other on right side of my neck. She doesn't know why I'm having pain on my right side above my collarbone. She thinks nodule should not be painful. She said I should take biopsy and go see Gastro doctor. I went to Gasto doctor. I will take an Endoscopy test next week. I'm tired of bouncing doctors to doctors and not getting an answer why I have pain in my right side. I'm scared that I don't know what's really wrong and why I'm having pain on the right side. I'm also scared because I never had a biopsy before. I'm very upset and depressed of all this and don't know what to do.

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by thyroid conditions by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Welcome to the forum, Ist863.

Thyroiditis usually means you have autoimmune thyroiditis (Hashimoto's) which can inflame the thyroid gland causing tenderness and discomfort. There is no cure for Hashimoto's which causes 90% of hypothyroidism. Treatment is for the low thyroid levels it eventually causes. Many people have found that 100% gluten-free diet is helpful in reducing Hashi flares, symptoms and eventually antibodies.

chriskresser.com/the-gluten...

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_...

If the nodule/s or goitre are pressing on a nerve that may cause pain.

Rarely, patients with thyroid nodules

may complain of pain in the neck, jaw, or ear. If a nodule is

large enough to compress the windpipe or esophagus, it

may cause difficulty with breathing, swallowing, or cause a

“tickle in the throat”.

thyroid.org/wp-content/uplo...

The fine needle aspiration biopsy is not painful, it is just a little uncomfortable lying with your throat thrust upwards while the procedure is done. There was a little soreness and bruising for a few days after but nothing more than paracetamol was required.

I can't see why your endocrinologist would refer you to gastroenterologist unless she suspects something non-thyroidal is causing the pain in your collarbone.

You may also like...