T3/T4 dosing - dithyron

Hi everyone, posted about 5 weeks ago about getting Dithyron t3/t4 combo.

I managed to get some. Initially I felt great...energy up, mood up, joint pain gone etc. However the past week I have felt mega hypothyroid. Like exhausted!!!! Bags under the eyes the lot!

I have had a total thyroidectomy and was on 150mg levothyroxine. So I have been taking 50mg levothyroxine and one dithyroid pill which is 50levothyroxine and 12.5 T3. So basically i thought that would make up for the 150mg. Getting bloods done on wednesday and I know the gp is going to frown upon what i'm doing.

Do you think I am dosing correctly here? How many mg is your levothyroxine prescritpion and how do you incorporate T3 into that?

Thanks everyone in advance

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Living with a thyroid disease?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Coco-glitter,

You are under dosed. 50mcg Levothyroxine + 50/12.5 Dithyron is equivalent to 137.5mcg Levothyroxine.

It was probably the addition of the 12.5mcg T3 which made you feel good initially but once the higher T4 dose washed out you will have lost the benefit of the T3.

I didn't see the point in telling my endo I was self medicating until I knew it was working for me.

• Thank you :) would I be better taking 50mg levothyroxine, one dithyron 50/12.5 and an extra half dithyron? Which would be 6.2 T3?

• Coco-glitter,

I can't advise because I don't know what your thyroid results are. I think it's worth hanging on until you have your blood test results before adjusting dose. Post the results and ranges in a new question and members will advise.

• Brilliant thank you

• Hi there it transpires my tsh is suppressed. 0.2 whenever I have been hyperthyroid due to meds I feel horrific. I.e. Joint pain, severe fatigue. Always feels very much like hypo. I will have to reduce what I'm taking.

• Coco_glitter,

Suppressed TSH does not mean you are over medicated. What are your FT4 and FT3?

My TSH has been <0.01 for 5 years but FT4 and FT3 are within range so I'm not over medicated.

You may also like...