Help with blood results

I have just managed to get hold of my latest blood results, would someone kindly give me some opinions as to what vitamins etc i should be taking based on these results please. Have added some that i dont think would be relevant to thyroid but thought i would include as i don't have a clue what to look for. Thanks in advance.

TSH 0.44 0.27-4.5

Free T4 16.8 11-23

Free T3 4.24 3.1 -6.8

Thyroid peroxidase Ab 17 0-34

Haemoglobin 151 15-148

Vitamin D 69

vitamin B12 345 197-771

serum folate 5.1 2.0 -18.7

Ferritin 66.5 13-150

cortisol 187

ACTH 6 0-46

Aldosterone 139 100-450

Skip

Featured Content

Living with a thyroid disease?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Maddie512,

If you are taking Levothyroxine you appear to be adequately dosed.

Thyroid peroxidase antibodies are negative for autoimmune thyroiditis (Hashimoto's) but you can't conclusively rule out Hashimoto's as some people have positive thyroglobulin antibodies which aren't usually tested on NHS.

VitD 69 is sub optimal. 75-200 is replete and most people are comfortable around 100. If you can get sun on your face and arms several times a week your vitD will improve naturally. If not, supplement 1,000iu D3 daily. Make sure you take vitD 4 hours away from Levothyroxine.

B12 <500 can be deficient. If you have symptoms of B12 deficiency listed in b12deficiency.info/signs-an... go to healthunlocked.com/pasoc for advice about B12 and folate.

Ferritin is optimal half way through range. If you eat more iron rich food you should be able to raise ferritin without supplementing iron.

• Thanks clutter. I wasn't managing too well just on levo alone so i tweak it with a little T3 , depending on symptoms. Have been feeling not too good lately so wondered if associated to my readings at all, ( which is why i posted). Will try eating more iron rich foods, supplement D3 and follow the links you provided. Hopefully that will help. Thank you

• Maddie512,

FT3 4.24 is less than halfway through range so there is scope to increase either Levothyroxine or T3 dose. It sounds as though you are taking T3 intermittently as a pick-me-up. It needs to be taken daily if it is to help with symptoms.

You may also like...