gabapentin, I was given this today re my head pressures since 2010, which I think is Lyme brain......... these are side effects

Side-effects

nausea, vomiting, gingivitis, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, constipation, dry mouth or throat, flatulence, weight gain, increased appetite, anorexia, hypertension, vasodilatation, oedema, dyspnoea, cough, pharyngitis, hostility, confusion, emotional lability, depression, vertigo, anxiety, nervousness, abnormal thoughts, drowsiness, dizziness, malaise, ataxia, convulsions, movement disorders, speech disorder, amnesia, tremor, insomnia, headache, paraesthesia, nystagmus, abnormal reflexes, fever, flu syndrome, impotence, leucopenia, arthralgia, myalgia, twitching, visual disturbances, rhinitis, rash, pruritus, acne; less commonly palpitation; also reported pancreatitis, hepatitis, hallucinations, blood glucose fluctuations in patients with diabetes, breast hypertrophy, gynaecomastia, acute renal failure, incontinence, thrombocytopenia, tinnitus, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, alopecia, hypersensitivity syndrome; suicidal ideation

Skip

Featured Content

Living with a thyroid disease?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Are you going to take it?

• NO seaside Susie cant risk it

• Wow what a list. My son has been prescribed this for back pain though I think he alternates it with other drugs. May be that's why.

• I looked it up on dr google!

• I take tramadol fo rbackpain, my spine is degenerating but it makes me ill so I have to limit it.

• Yet they insist it helps...

I took Lyrica, which I think is pregabalin, & the same type of drug, for 3 days. By day 4, my bed felt like a raft in a stormy sea. I felt room spinningly drunk, & as though I has flu, migraine, & sunstroke at the same time. The depression that followed was disturbing.

• Hi,

I took it years ago for very severe migraine.I think I took it for a couple of months, but it didn't work.I don't think I had any of the above side effects, but from what I remember it made me very tired,I felt like a zombie in that I couldn't concentrate on anything,couldn't think straight.I had to be signed off from work as I couldn't cope with it at the time. When I stopped it I had worse than ever migraines for a time.

• My dad has recently been prescribed gabapentin for his arthritic pain. He is doing really well on it and no side effects. I read the leaflet that came with his medication and I'm sure it said most of the POTENTIAL side effects were pretty uncommon

• I have been on it for about a fortnight now for restless leg syndrome. My GP asked if it had helped with my depression but I have not seen any improvement. not sleeping, very irritable and feel a big empty hole inside me. i try to fill it with comfort eating although I know that is not the answer. I just try to soothe myself as I am scared of a downward spiral leading to more suicide attempts. i get to the point where I do not care any more but my family still do.

You may also like...