Can anyone recommend a good endocrinologist near Solihull?

Have been back and forwards to the GP for the best part of 10 years due to unexplained & debilitating exhaustion, particularly after exercise, and been told it's depression and that I should exercise more! Was trialled on various meds for depression which almost drove me to the point of suicide. Other symptoms include aching legs, arms and back, inability to concentrate, feeling down, dry eyes, cold hands and feet and pressure in my head. Also told I have reactive hypoglycaemia, psoriasis and Gilbert's Syndrome.

Blood tests over that time have shown TSH levels ranging from 2.4 to 5.8 but GP said it's normal for some fluctuation.

Endo recommendations via private messages only please.

To send a private message: support.healthunlocked.com/...

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Last edited by

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome to the forum, Porcelt.

NHS won't usually diagnose hypothyroidism until TSH is over range (usually >5 or 6) or FT4 is below range. When you have your next thyroid function test arrange it early in the morning when TSH is highest and fast (water only) as TSH drops after eating and drinking.

A private endocrinologist is unlikely to diagnose hypothyroidism when TSH is <3.0.

Email louise.roberts@thyroiduk.org.uk for a list of member recommended endocrinologists.

If members can recommend anyone they will send you a private message as it is not permitted to name doctors on the forum.

To read a private message: support.healthunlocked.com/...

• Thanks Clutter, had more blood tests done yesterday morning, after fasting, so hopefully when I get the results next week they will give a better indication of what the issue may be.

Have also sent an email to Louise as suggested.

You may also like...