CRP but not sure where to go!!!

Hi,

I have been communicating with you guys about my husbands problems. I did say I would get back to you with any results he had from the endocrinologist.

He has emailed today to say that his CRP levels are still high???

We were not aware they were high. He hasn't mentioned anything about his thyroid levels? I will go back to him for a print out but I do think he is more concerned about looking into his CRP. He has advised to speak to GP for further investigation.

Could gaberpentin be causing the problem??

When he first started it gaberpentin he became very unwell, to the point of being hospitalised and having his heart drained. The medical profession were very reluctant to admit that gaberpentin was the cause even though I had internet evidence that it could cause cardial effusion, the drained fluid was tested and came back as a 'allergic reaction to medication'. He is still on it although in a lower dose. It seems one more tablet causes him to swell so we stick to lower dose.

It is not a drug I like him taking as it changes him personality wise, but as he does not think it does it is difficult for doctors to take him off it on my say so.

I am not sure where to put this post. I know it not thyroid but this is where I started.

From experience with anyone registered to this site, I am sure you will advise accordingly and offer any help or support you can.

Thank you

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • As an update for the above, I have asked endocrinologist for the blood results which I can post when I get them. I understand now that there can be a million reasons why CRP levels are elevated. He probably has quite a few of those himself already.

......but would they cause him to be low energy and tired all the time? This is one of reasons we had his thyroid levels checked??

I really don't know where to start. Obviously we are now very concerned that his cancer is kicking off again somewhere?

Thanks

......another update

Previous blood test results as of 7.3.17

Plasma C-reactive protein - elevated but reduced on last test 37.3 mg/l

Transferrin saturation index 13.% - (16-50)

Plasma potassium level 4.1mmol/L - (3.5-5.0)

Serum ferritin 77 microg/L - (20-300)

Serum iron level 7 micromol/L - (14-31)

Serum transferrin 2.48 g/L - (1.8-3.6)

Blood tests 30.3.17

Plasma potassium level 4.3mmol/L - (3.5-5.0)

Plasma C-reactive protein - 250.5 mg/l

Serum ferritin 184 microg/L - (20-300)

Serum iron level 2.9 micromol/L - (14-31)

Serum transferrin 2.11 g/L - (1.8-3.6)

Transferrin saturation index 6% - (16-50)

I am not familiar with blood results but these don't look good, do they?

Your thoughts please

Thanks again to everyone

You may also like...