Thyroid UK

hair/regaine help needed here

I bought some boots- equivalent to regaine for my disappearing hair, butsince then I have horrible prsistant dry scalp which flakes off and I have NEVER had dandruff, iam horrified, I have tried niazoral and head n shoulders, any idea what and why and whats next- I cant have this, I never put product on as I don't want to stress the delicate 3 strands that are left, but I cannot have this crapflaking off it has to go,

6 Replies
oldestnewest

The foam is meant to be more gentle than the liquid, which I believe is alcohol-based. I would try the foam if you want to continue to use it. And maybe a moisturising treatment for your scalp once a week or so, something like coconut oil left on the scalp for 5-10mins before washing.

it was foam but boots make, get really fed up withhair lark- pay to keep hair- pay to have wigs- pay to get well pay out al the bloody time..

You may want to try the Regaine brand and see if it suits better.

Is your t3 level good? My hair only came back after taking t3.

yes and I buy armour

So you're on a good dose of Armour that raises your t3 to the upper quarter of the range? If so you may need to look further afield. Sex hormones maybe. A trichologist?

yes I am out of money now I am afraid spent tons an dtons for ansers and only private will test for sex hormones.

You may also like...