Pls help understand results re antibodies

Hello - I've just been told I have thyroid TPO antibodies at 95 (top end of range is 75) and TSH of 3.09 but I didn't get any other levels.

rhumatologist has asked GP to retest in 6 months and said I may or may not develop a thyroid disorder. From my research it seems it would be Hashimotos?

I've read conflicting advice online that either this result means i have got hashimotos but elsewhere i may or may not develop it.

My symptoms are feeling very cold hair game lling out and tiredness but I have lots of other health conditions including small intestine bacterial overgrowth which seems to have led to vitamin d and b12 deficiency. But I am very underweight and I thought it's normal to be overweight with Hasmitotos?

If anybody could shed some light I would be really grateful. Is there anything I should be doing to help myself?

Thank you

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Addictedtohotbaths,

I also had a low BMI with Hashimoto's. There is no cure for Hashimoto's which causes 90% of hypothyroidism. Treatment is for the low thyroid levels it causes. Many people have found that 100% gluten-free diet is helpful in reducing Hashi flares, symptoms and eventually antibodies and it will probably delay progression to hypothyroidism.

chriskresser.com/the-gluten...

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_...

TSH 3.09 indicates your thyroid is beginning to struggle but NHS won't usually diagnose hypothyroidism until TSH is over range (usually >5 or 6).

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/diagno...

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_...

You may also like...