Restless Leg Syndrome

Hi i hope my post can help at least a few people. For about 25 years i have had a feeling in my legs while at rest that is absolutely horrific. It actually feels like millions of ants are crawling in the muscles of my legs. when it first started there was NOTHING to take for it. Doctors knew very little about it at all.Fortunately that has changed and most doctors are aware of Restless Leg Syndrome. I have been prescribed meds that work very well. From time to time with most people need a new med type. But there are several different meds to switch with. Thank god for progress. Doctors usually diagnose RLS by the patients description of the symptoms.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • A common cause of restless legs is low ferritin (iron stores). Low iron and ferritin are common in people with thyroid problems.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restl...

Twitching, spasm and cramp in muscles generally can also be caused by low magnesium. Almost everyone is deficient in magnesium unless they supplement. Choose a supplement that suits you from these lists :

naturalnews.com/046401_magn...

globalhealingcenter.com/nat...

metabolics.com/blog/the-def...

You need 300mg - 400mg magnesium per day. Avoid magnesium oxide - it is very poorly absorbed. Magnesium makes some people a bit sleepy so take it at night. Some forms of magnesium have a mild laxative effect e.g. magnesium citrate. I take magnesium citrate myself.

Low potassium can cause muscle tension and spasm too. The best way of increasing potassium levels is to eat potassium-rich foods. There are loads of links available on the subject.

• I was going to say the same thing.

Hormone imbalances can also cause it. I think I would try these natural methods before resorting to a drug. :)

You may also like...