Thyroid UK

Just diagnosed over active thyroid

I've just been diagnosed with an over active thyroid. I've got a referral to se an endocrinologist to try to find out why. So two things:

1. Can anyone tell me what tears I should be asking for (I know nothing about hyperthyroidism and it's possible causes)

2. I know discussion of individual consultants isn't allowed. Could some one pm me with suggestions of private consultants.

Many thanks.

1 Reply

Welcome to the forum, Franjapani.

Ideally TSH, FT4, FT3 and thyroid stimulating immunoglobulin (TSI) or thyroid receptor antibodies (TRab). If your GP can only order TSH and FT4 the other tests should be done by your endocrinologist as hyperthyroidism is usually managed in endocrinology.

Email for a list of member recommended endocrinologists.


You may also like...