Thyroid UK
89,093 members103,630 posts

hairburst capsules, has anyone tried these with any success?

I cam across these while searching for hair products and only seen one adverse review,i would be interested to know if anyone has tried them. used to be called hair vits I think. thanks.

11 Replies
oldestnewest

thxs for the Q I was looking at them to.

lucieb a lot of these things talk about growing hair long- I am not bothered about the length I want the follicles to expand so I have thicker hair, that Is what bothers me, I want thick hair not strands. where did you see them lucieb?

Holland & barrett they are £20 but they have others I need it as my hair is falling out hopefully someone on here has tried it.

lucie b yes I know me too I havelost, mostof it I am prettymuchbald and it gets me downbigtime, ihave looked at derma roler, I have lotions potions pills, I have hashimotos and lyme and I think it is the lyme causing it. I looked at biosil, collogen hyrolauric acid, hibiscus oil, deer antler spray, all sorts, I kno wi have telegen effluvium as well as diffuse , I havent got alopecia in patches as so often it is diagnose.

1 like

I've found that using Plantur products has stopped my hair from falling out. I still find some when I brush my hair but nothing like what I used to find. Hairdresser also recommended daily brushing with a pure bristle brush sh and that has helped too. I think it keeps the ends in better condition.

1 like

Sorry if I sound ignorant but what are hairburst capsules and what do they do for your hair? 🎄🎅🏻

They are just very expensive multi-vitamin and mineral supplements.

The actual site doesn't tell you what vitamins and minerals each supplement actually contains which is dangerous in itself for anyone on any form of medication. There was another supplement which had something like 600% of the RDA of vitamin A in each tablet. Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin which is toxic in high levels and not a known deficiency in developed countries due to many foods having it.

The site shows people with lots of hair growth after one month when it takes more than a month for hair to grow a reasonable length. (Ask anyone who is healthy and dyes their hair.)

Regardless you are better of paying for a private Blue Horizon Test to check your all your thyroid hormones plus vitamin B12, vitamin D, ferritin and folate. Then getting people on here to confirm whether you are optimal in range, what separate supplements you should take and whether you need more tests e.g. full iron panel.

3 likes

well bluebug thx for your answer

Thanks bluebug I wasn't thinking of getting any just my curiosity got the better of me. Have a good Christmas 🎄🎁🔔🦃🎈🎉

Just remember the old adage - If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

Merry Christmas.

1 like

Hi there,

Yes I have used hairburst and wouldn't be without them. The difference in my sparce and weak hair is really noticeable, even my hairdresser passed comment. The bottle clearly lays out the contents of each tablet i.e. collagen, biotin, silica, folic acid etc. I buy mine from the well known worldwide site that takes its name after a rainforest. I am now on my third bottle, and have even noticed an improvement in my eyebrows and lashes.

Hope this helps.

3 likes

You may also like...