Thank you everyone that gave advice and suggestions on my excessive sweating 😊

What lovely people you all are i cant thank you enough for all your advice it never crossed my mind about my levo and will def be stopping the soya now ! And as it is i defiantly wont be going back to diary when ive come so far i cant explain how good it feels to be in a size 10-12 after getting as big as a 16-18 and being 5ft 3 made me look a little chunky ! Once again many thanks kind regards bev 😃

2 Replies

• The exception I would suggest on diary is to eat butter, not margarine.

Polyunsaturated oils contribute to low thyroid function (by impairing T4 to T3 conversion) whether the oils are processed or not. These include soybean, canola, safflower, corn, flax, fish, evening primrose and borage. The more unsaturated the oil is, the more strongly it interferes with thyroid secretion, the transport of thyroid hormone in the blood, and the response of the tissue thyroid receptors. Olive oil, coconut oil and healthy saturated animal fats such as egg yolk, lard and butter do not compromise thyroid health.

Unfermented soy products have many potent hormones that can wreak havoc with your health. Women are particularly vulnerable to soy phytoestrogens and isoflavones as they are disrupt the production of thyroid hormones by interfering with iodine uptake in the thyroid gland leading to impaired thyroid health.

Fermented soy products such as natto, tempeh, and soy sauce have health benefits.

• Why did you stop the dairy? I've just tried switching to lactose free milk (about a month now) just as an experiment to see if I can stop my occasional bloating and noisy upset stomach and it seems to have worked. I agree with Sandy12 too...I always use butter.

You may also like...