Free webinar 'Anger and autoimmunity'

Do you recognize one of these statements? ‘I am never angry. I am not an angry person’ or ‘I am often furious, I have problems with anger due to my Hashimoto’s.’

Of course we may have a temperament which makes us less prone to experience anger and that our health condition influences our emotions. Here I would like to talk to you about something that was a turning point in my own healing and this of many others.

Anger has many functions. For those of us with Hashimoto’s, it is the most important emotional immune signal. It is our power, our shout: ‘It is not my fault!’

On 7th September is a free webinar with prof. Russell Kolts 'Anger and immunity'

If you are interested, but you can not make it, send your questions in advance and we will make sure that your questions will be answered during the webinar.

I will be very glad if you want to share your thoughts and experience related to emotions in particular anger and Hashimoto's.

Warm regards, Anna

TUK has given permission

4 Replies

• Both your posts are interesting - so thank you :-) As you are new to this forum - would it be possible for you to complete your Profile so we all know a little about you. I am intrigued .....

• Thank you, Marz. I have no idea what went wrong. Every time I fill in the profile I can not save it. Keep patient with me. :)

• I used to have an almost uncontrollable temper, which was getting worse and worse with age. It scared the hell out of me. I am hypothyroid, but I don't have Hashimoto's, as far as I know.

I got a grip on my temper (quite unexpectedly) when I gave up gluten as an experiment, even though I tested negative for coeliac disease. I'm really quite laid back now, and I am in control again. I can usually tell if I have been glutened accidentally because I develop a bad temper for no obvious reason.

I read something on the blog of a man with severe gluten allergy which applies to me :

"For instant asshole, just add gluten."

• Thank you sharing your experince, humanbean. It is great to hear that you are feeling better. Yes, neurological and psychiatric issues may be the prime presentations for people with gluten sensitivity. People have different degrees of gluten sensitivity. Above all, gluten sensitivity is a common cause of female hormone imbalances which may explain the worsening of symptoms with aging.

May I ask you what is your relationship with anger? Is this an emotion which you can allow to exprience or is it f difficult or you to handle?

You may also like...